What's the funniest thing you've seen regarding mask wearing in Thailand.

4MyEgo

I thought I'd seen it all, but this morning when I was taking the kids to school, I stopped at the stop sign, looked in my rear vision mirror to make sure I wasn't going to get rear ended as I was slowing and there it was.

A motorbike rider with pillion passenger, the rider had on a full face helmet with tinted shield down and wait for it, a face mask.....????

Is this total paranoia or what, I though it was funny watching people driving vehicles alone with face masks on, but this topped it.

So let's have a laugh, share your funniest experience regarding face masks in Thailand, I reckon this is a hard one to top, but you never know.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 4

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

We still wear masks when in the common areas of our condo here in BKK when others are about, in the lifts, and out on the sidewalks while walking if folks are around.  If no one around then we drop the mask down and wear it as a chin warmer.......thats the funny thing to see I bet me wearing it as a chin warmer...

Absoluetly hilarious... think i am going to crack a rib here .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

No one is suggesting Covid has gone away, only stupid farangs would think that, e.g. it's here to stay and take it's place like the commin cold/flu, so why bother masking up.

Everyone has basically been triple vaxed, and had Covid, so why continue with the masks, are we so fragile, back in Aus, it's over, no masks, back to normality, albeit they do ask if you have it to isolate.

I ponder around without a mask as does my wife and kids, we are all vaccinated and have had Covid, we have moved on, masks are only to be put on when required, e.g. to enter a store, a plane, they are not required at concerts where thousands of people go, we have been, haven't had an issue, and we hear 30,000 plus people get infected per day, so what, like I said, it has become so weak it's like a common cold/flu and that is what we experienced months back.

If people want to live in fear and live in a cocoon and wear a mask under a full face helmet or while they are alone in a car, up to them, obviously some people don't see the irony in it. 

So, i will ask the question that I previously asked but you chose not to answer:

Why does it bother you so much what other people do?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

So, i will ask the question that I previously asked but you chose not to answer:

Why does it bother you so much what other people do?

I didn't say it bothered me, i.e. unless you can quote me.

Each to their own, I just found it quite stupid to be honest.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2