Eating challenges in Chiang Mai?

csaba81

I remember a restaurant in California called ClaimJumpers. The challenge was to eat a 5 - gallon cake to get it free.

I don't even go to buffets nowadays, I like to eat my food without having to watch people making pigs of themselves.

• Like 1

Some time ago there were shops in Japan offering you to give 100 Gyoza (Japanese (actually Chinese)) dumplings for free if you could eat them all. Otherwise you would have to pay for the number you could eat. I do not remember a time limit and neither what would have happened if you could devour more than 100 ????

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 6:53 PM, moogradod said:

Some time ago there were shops in Japan offering you to give 100 Gyoza (Japanese (actually Chinese)) dumplings for free if you could eat them all. Otherwise you would have to pay for the number you could eat. I do not remember a time limit and neither what would have happened if you could devour more than 100 ????

Nothing better than 'Osho' restaurant gyoza!

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

Nothing better than 'Osho' restaurant gyoza!

Traditionally, Gyoza are many times served as a side dish to Ramen. Unforatunately there is no Osho restaurant in Pattaya or its vicinity. But then again, there is no really phantastic Ramen-Ya either here, all only so la la. I would love to have a very good Ramen Shop or a Gyoza restaurant here. The best for Gyoza I know is a small shop in Terminal 21 at the Dolphin Roundabout where we occasionally buy a carton of 30 and bring 'em home. They prepare them on the spot (I like the Yaki-Gyoza variety). We could do all ourselves, but with age I increasingly get lazy to cook.

2 hours ago, moogradod said:

Traditionally, Gyoza are many times served as a side dish to Ramen. Unforatunately there is no Osho restaurant in Pattaya or its vicinity. But then again, there is no really phantastic Ramen-Ya either here, all only so la la. I would love to have a very good Ramen Shop or a Gyoza restaurant here.

There is no Osho in Chiang Mai either, but there IS a Yoshinoya now.  Brings back nice memories of my years in Japan.