Eu Multi Entry Holiday Visa.

Hi all,

Back in England at the mo :o

Just had a call from a very good friend in the village that wants to bring his wife to England for a holiday but also wants to spend a few days in Germany to visit his wifes sister & her family.

Is such a visa available from the British Consulate in Bangkok or would she then have to visit the German Consulate in London for a holiday visa there?

Hes a Brit national by the way.

Many Thanks..

His wife will have to apply for a UK Visit Visa from UKVAC in Bangkok and a Schengen visa from the German embassy in Bangkok before she leaves Thailand.

No such thing as a joint visa and the regulations are that she should apply in her country of residence.

The good news is if she proves she is married to a UK citizen (passport and marriage certificate) then the Schengen visa is free, not so with the UK visa.

His wife will have to apply for a UK Visit Visa from UKVAC in Bangkok and a Schengen visa from the German embassy in Bangkok before she leaves Thailand.

No such thing as a joint visa and the regulations are that she should apply in her country of residence.

The good news is if she proves she is married to a UK citizen (passport and marriage certificate) then the Schengen visa is free, not so with the UK visa.

Sorry me again.

Just spoke to my friend again & gave him the info.

But another question.

How many visas can she apply for?

& would they all be free because he /she can prove they are married?

Ie = hes planning now to drive to germany via France then back via holland.

Sorry me again.

Just spoke to my friend again & gave him the info.

But another question.

The Schengen visa (I think) should be applied for from the first country of entry (you suggest France above). Not sure why you ask how many visas , but what I got for a gf before was three month multiple entry. Would that cover it ?

another question.

The Schengen visa is valid for all the countries you mention so one visa will suffice for visiting all the countries. Once she enters a Schengen country she can freely travel between them all as many times as she wishes. If she intends to visit the Schengen group more than once from a non Schengen state (such as UK) she will need a multi entry visa but if she will visit them all on one trip from UK then a only a single entry visa is necessary.

She should apply in Thailand at the embassy of the country where she will spend the most time and if she plans equal time in each country at the embassy of the country where she will enter the Schengen group of countries.

It will be free.

another question.

The Schengen visa is valid for all the countries you mention so one visa will suffice for visiting all the countries. Once she enters a Schengen country she can freely travel between them all as many times as she wishes. If she intends to visit the Schengen group more than once from a non Schengen state (such as UK) she will need a multi entry visa but if she will visit them all on one trip from UK then a only a single entry visa is necessary.

She should apply in Thailand at the embassy of the country where she will spend the most time and if she plans equal time in each country at the embassy of the country where she will enter the Schengen group of countries.

It will be free.

Once again thxs.

Got confused a bit with the wording.

For some reason i thought the schengen visa was the name of the visa issuied by the germany embassy for travel just to Germany.

But this clears it all up.

Many Thanks.

You can visit any EU country my friend got one from the Danish embassy in Hull but he went straight to Spain never visited Denmark he had no problems.

You have to apply for a Schengen visa in the country where you are resident. If your friend is resident in UK then thats where he should apply but to apply in UK while only on a visitors visa you will run the risk of not being considered and being disappointed if you have a holiday planned. That doesn't mean to say that you definitely cant get one from UK while on a visitors visa. (in fact my wife has on 3 occasions but that was several years ago)