you just gotta love Cats !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I have had both all of my life, and still laugh when I see what cats do. They aren't as loyal, usually, as dogs are. Some can show affection but most still act aloof at times, unlike a dog, who will always be loyal if you raise them with love. Kittens and puppies all act affectionate, but as they age, the cats do act indifferent at times.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I have had both all of my life, and still laugh when I see what cats do. They aren't as loyal, usually, as dogs are. Some can show affection but most still act aloof at times, unlike a dog, who will always be loyal if you raise them with love. Kittens and puppies all act affectionate, but as they age, the cats do act indifferent at times.

We presently have one small dog and two cats. One of the cats is kept at my Mrs' shop on rat control duty. Last week Mrs walked into shop clutching a tiny kitten she'd picked up in the street. We take it with us between home and shop each day. As you say, cats do change. Some time ago whilst at home we heard a kitten crying. It went on for a while so we investigated. It was hiding underneath one of our concrete water storage tanks. We spent hours trying to entice it out. It soon grew into a bulky cat. It hissed at us if we went anywhere near it. It snarled at me when I had to pick it up. I found it dead at our back door with foam on it's mouth. A neighbour had poisoned it.

4 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

We presently have one small dog and two cats. One of the cats is kept at my Mrs' shop on rat control duty. Last week Mrs walked into shop clutching a tiny kitten she'd picked up in the street. We take it with us between home and shop each day. As you say, cats do change. Some time ago whilst at home we heard a kitten crying. It went on for a while so we investigated. It was hiding underneath one of our concrete water storage tanks. We spent hours trying to entice it out. It soon grew into a bulky cat. It hissed at us if we went anywhere near it. It snarled at me when I had to pick it up. I found it dead at our back door with foam on it's mouth. A neighbour had poisoned it.

I inherited a couple of dogs when I built the house I'm living in. In six years, the dogs died from being poisoned and others came around. Guess they know who likes them. I lost about 6 dogs in that time to these disturbed individuals. The last one has been here quite awhile and is still alive. I brought cats here from my girlfriends house, as she has a few around that have kittens now and then, but every cat I left outside was killed by roaming dogs. Dogs left and not trained will kill cats as they aren't taught to get along with them. I have two kittens now that stay inside. I don't think I'll let them out as I'm sure they're fate will be the same. The cats around my girlfriend's house numbered about 12 from 3 litters. I took two of them as just before I did, 3 other cats were killed by a dog there, so I didn't want to see these die also. Some of the cats there are afraid of dogs but the kittens don't know or aren't fast enough, and all it takes from a dog is one bite and it's over. Animals here aren't loved or cared for like they are back in the states, at least not to near the degree.

• Love It 1