Roi Et - Where do expats go to have a beer these days?

jimgilly

Tilaceer,  thanks for the reply. 

I found the location for Keaw Store and it looks like it is just a typical Thai eatery with a couple of tables outside or am I wrong? 

I have no idea where arvo is or what the full name is.  I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with more details so I can check it out.  Thanks

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, jimgilly said:

Tilaceer,  thanks for the reply. 

I found the location for Keaw Store and it looks like it is just a typical Thai eatery with a couple of tables outside or am I wrong? 

I have no idea where arvo is or what the full name is.  I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with more details so I can check it out.  Thanks

Keow does farang food as she did in her original place, plus more...cod and chips..mushy peas etc.
Plus she sells a variety of farang foodstufs, meat and fish.
'Arvo = afternoon ...

Else, you could try Colin's bar (Riverside) on a Wednesday night. That used to pull a few farangs in.
Just search on Riverside Bar Roi Et for directions.

Edited by tilaceer
additional information
  • Like 1

Love Roi Et, so compact how could it be difficult to find the places where people congregate? Just tool around on bicycle/moto etc and sure to find something - unfortunately you might run into the agro maritimer with the bee in his bonnett lol, or maybe thats only when he has not had enough to drink or has not slapped a soi dog around yet so still edgy....life in Issan!

Interesting topic - last visit to Phuket I got a little involved with a young lady who has now moved back to her origins and is renovating the family home with a view to spending the rest of her life there. She most definitely does not need my financial support (I believe she inherited from a previous farang relationship) but she wanted me to join her. It's in the middle of nowhere 60km outside Roi Et - I took one look on Gmaps and quickly realised that I would go crazy within a month if I moved there.

Her response? "But you would have me!"

Edited by London Lowf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 1:10 PM, tilaceer said:

Keow does farang food as she did in her original place, plus more...cod and chips..mushy peas etc.
Plus she sells a variety of farang foodstufs, meat and fish.
'Arvo = afternoon ...

Else, you could try Colin's bar (Riverside) on a Wednesday night. That used to pull a few farangs in.
Just search on Riverside Bar Roi Et for directions.

Tilaceer do you have an address for Keow's restaurant.  Went by what I thought was the right address Friday afternoon and couldn't find it.  Thanks

33 minutes ago, jimgilly said:

Tilaceer do you have an address for Keow's restaurant.  Went by what I thought was the right address Friday afternoon and couldn't find it.  Thanks

Address: 44 12 Senaremkit, Nai Mueang, Mueang Roi Et District, Roi Et 45000

She has been closed for a few days, but back open from tomorrow.

1 hour ago, jimgilly said:

That's where I went and all I saw was a typical Thai business that appeared to serve just Thai food that was closed. I could see inside and there was no where to sit - just a couple of round tables outside.  Is that it?