Another motorcycle death - Thai lady slams into back of parked truck in Kanchanaburi

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Police in Tha Rua, Kanchanaburi in western Thailand attended an accident in which a 46 year old woman on a Honda Wave collided with the back of a parked 18 wheel truck.

The accident happened just before 11 pm outside the PTT gas station on the Tha Rua to Phrathen Road.

Sutjai from Ratchaburi was dead at the scene from head injuries.

Police are looking at CCTV to help with the case. 

The driver of the truck said she clearly didn't see his parked rig, reported Siam Rath

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-09-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

RIP

But this is a common occurrence on Thai Roads.

Some Guy on a Motobike almost hit us yesterday when I was parked on the uttermost left side of the road where it was allowed to park.

I was waiting in the car and saw this guy coming up from behind and he was all the time looking to the left and to the right and he was looking for longer periods of time. When he neared our car he was on the path to hit us right in the middle of the back of the car. If I hadn't honked the horn he would have, fortunately he looked up and went straight back on to the road, where also fortunately for him no other traffic was coming.

After he passed us, he kept going on with the same routine ????

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

The lady could well have been forced to swerve to the side of the road by a passing and/or lane-changing vehicle which, whether the driver had been aware of the accident or not, did not stop to take responsibility.  The CCTV, if there was any, may not have shown anything identifiable, as cameras don't work well in darkness, and most CCTV cameras have resolution too poor to read a license plate, especially at a distance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't suppose there will a follow up on how it happened.

RIP very sad. 

99% of the time someone smashes into a parked vehicle it is due to a lack of attention, to the very serious, and very dangerous task at hand. Many Thais are extremely casual about driving, and seem to have little understanding of the dangers involved, and the need to be 100% focused, at all times. Especially on a motorbike. 

The other 1% is due to a blown tire, an animal running across the road, being cut off by a maniac, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't suppose there will a follow up on how it happened.

RIP very sad. 

Are we not still waiting for the follow up to the motorbike which was supposed to have hit the rear of the garbage truck in Sumai in which the passenger was killed?

The report in a Scottish newspaper said the police report was that the truck was making a turn when the bike was struck by the side of the truck.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

never ever is any followups.....to accidents/crashes here .....

I think the Thai attitude is it's happened, nothing can change it, it's in the past. Actually studying and learning from the experience doesn't occur. And so the deaths continue. not only on the roads but in so many other ways.