New Jomtien Beach - Call back the engineers

D M G

When you observe a bit the way it was done, you don t have to be an engineer to predict that the combination of heavy rains and sea effect will erode the new beach very quickly. The base has not been fixed correctly and there is nothing built up to brake the waves. So in a few years the beach will be back to its starting configuration e.i almost a little piece of sand behind the walls

• Like 1

I think those dredges off the beach area are a permanent fixture. Just give them a good coat of paint, maybe yellow and pink stripes or purple/green stripes. When the sand washes out, suck it up and pipe it back to the beach. 

No problems.

Before the rain the sandy beach looked great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, decca60 said:

When you observe a bit the way it was done, you don t have to be an engineer to predict that the combination of heavy rains and sea effect will erode the new beach very quickly. The base has not been fixed correctly and there is nothing built up to brake the waves. So in a few years the beach will be back to its starting configuration e.i almost a little piece of sand behind the walls

And another pay day.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

I think those dredges off the beach area are a permanent fixture. Just give them a good coat of paint, maybe yellow and pink stripes or purple/green stripes. When the sand washes out, suck it up and pipe it back to the beach. 

No problems.

Before the rain the sandy beach looked great. 

It still looks better than before. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

Groynes

Ah yes "Groynes"  !!   I mentioned the absence these previously and what could be expected without them, especially as this part of the coast has strong currents parallel to the coast , so the sand will be washed away in time .

What are the advantages and disadvantages of groynes?
The biggest advantage of using groynes is that it can prevent erosion to your property, beach, and the local environment. Groynes also help protect your property from hurricanes and storms. The only disadvantage of groynes is that it is a bit expensive to construct, but this is usually taken into consideration when planning for long range projects.

2 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Ah yes "Groynes"  !!   I mentioned the absence these previously and what could be expected without them, especially as this part of the coast has strong currents parallel to the coast , so the sand will be washed away in time .

What are the advantages and disadvantages of groynes?
The biggest advantage of using groynes is that it can prevent erosion to your property, beach, and the local environment. Groynes also help protect your property from hurricanes and storms. The only disadvantage of groynes is that it is a bit expensive to construct, but this is usually taken into consideration when planning for long range projects.

Back in the day the family ran a Boarding House east coast of the UK and one of my chores was to collect mussels from the groynes for the guests, fresh out of the North Sea.

Father also ran rod and line charter fishing so fresh cod in the winter and flatfish in the summer!

Memories!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 6:05 PM, Thailand said:

Back in the day the family ran a Boarding House east coast of the UK and one of my chores was to collect mussels from the groynes for the guests, fresh out of the North Sea.

Father also ran rod and line charter fishing so fresh cod in the winter and flatfish in the summer!

Memories!

so even more benefits from Groynes !