Streaming TV for sky sports and movies

essex boys

Hi all sorry if this has been done to death, I’ve got a firestick that I’ve had for a year or so, it’s been messed about with so I can watch sky sports and movies, in fact it has the complete sky packages on it, all the documentaries sports and movies etc, it’s also got Netflix loaded up so no need for a subscription, but I find on the live stuff like football or F1 on occasions it just sits there buffering to the point that I hardly use it to watch football because if it buffers it winds me up, it’s a subscription service so I pay a guy in London £70 a year and he renews my subscription.

is there anything similar available here that might work better but has the same sort of capabilities as my firestick? My internet is good I’m getting 35mbps down and 28mbps up, thanks for any suggestions or advice

I got my firestick same way as you...pay a bloke 70 quid to update it annually as well.

IMO your internet speed is too slow that's why all the buffering happens, no problems at all on mine but .. my internet 180 mbps download and same upload.

Hope this helps.....

1 hour ago, essex boys said:

My internet is good I’m getting 35mbps down and 28mbps up

I also think that your download speed is too slow.

The most reliable speed test results for streaming services from the UK will be gained from using testmy.net.

Select Europe - London, GB as your test mirror then click on Combined.

image.png.36c5c84bb0b860a87feec488531f3c6b.png

@essex boys
Your quoted internet speed only applies to your ISP's network within Thailand and when connected via Ethernet. If you are connected via WiFi and/or you are streaming internationally this will result in much slower speeds. Also your ISP will throttle your connection if they see that you are streaming through the international gateway, more so if the domestic network demand exceeds a set threshold.
Best solution is to get a good Package (minimum 300Mbs) and a good (paid) VPN such as Nord VPN, ExpressVPN or Surfshark.

• 1 month later...