How much the fine for not having number plates on your car

3 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

That camera wouldn't, but when the image came to the notice of headquarters, the missing plates, coupled with the excessive speed, would throw down the gauntlet to the police department, who would probably then take on the challenge of accessing the data from highway cameras to track the route of the car and figure out where it had gone.  They could catch up with you, given time and the will to do so.

Very unlikely, they have other stuff to do, many bikes here seem to have no plates

are those cameras on the high way automated right? Im assuming if they can capture the plate & speed, then wll be on the record.  Im assuming if they cant capture the plate, they wont record in the system?

I see some thais put like a gold sticker on their number plate obsecuring the numbers

so that might work?
I might attach a mickey mouse or seven eleven stick on the plate to distort? oh would be geeting more in to <deleted>....

or just SMEAR some MUDDY ?????? <- THAzzz ccool idea just came up!!!!

Anyone know below shady for mah glasses can get? what  are the key words for lazada or shopee? i cant seem to find them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125499919460?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200818143230%26meid%3D96a04b81aca94c8baec91fcb5a8439c0%26pid%3D101224%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D115517279207%26itm%3D125499919460%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DDefaultOrganicWeb%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c101224.m-1

3 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

are those cameras on the high way automated right? Im assuming if they can capture the plate & speed, then wll be on the record.  Im assuming if they cant capture the plate, they wont record in the system?

I see some thais put like a gold sticker on their number plate obsecuring the numbers

so that might work?
I might attach a mickey mouse or seven eleven stick on the plate to distort? oh would be geeting more in to <deleted>....

or just SMEAR some MUDDY ?????? <- THAzzz ccool idea just came up!!!!

Anyone know below shady for mah glasses can get? what  are the key words for lazada or shopee? i cant seem to find them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125499919460?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200818143230%26meid%3D96a04b81aca94c8baec91fcb5a8439c0%26pid%3D101224%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D115517279207%26itm%3D125499919460%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DDefaultOrganicWeb%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c101224.m-1

Easier to get real plates

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AsianAtHeart said:

That camera wouldn't, but when the image came to the notice of headquarters, the missing plates, coupled with the excessive speed, would throw down the gauntlet to the police department, who would probably then take on the challenge of accessing the data from highway cameras to track the route of the car and figure out where it had gone.  They could catch up with you, given time and the will to do so.

I dont know what you are smoking but that cant be weed!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AsianAtHeart said:

I’m not sure they’d go that far...  I think they outsource this stuff to crack commando units who were previously sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. Men who promptly escaped from Klong Prem Central prison to the Bangkok underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. When the DLT have a problem, if no one else can help, and if they can be found....they hire The A-Team...... ????

• Haha 1

Back during the Great Thailand Car Registration Plate Shortage of 2011/12, I had no plates on my newly purchased pickup for over 8 months. I was made aware that the penalty for not having plates and proof of registration commands a 7000 baht fine or vehicle seizure or both. For those that have plates and one or the other has fallen off or been stolen, the usual random stop-and-fine applies withe the penalty mostly determined on how hungry the cop is. For those with faded numbers paint on their plates, the cops generally won't ticket for that but they may pull you over and mention it. You should make the effort and get them replaced.

This is based on my personal experience over the 25 years of driving here. It is not empirical. This does not mean that your experience or that of anyone else will be not be totally different.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Back during the Great Thailand Car Registration Plate Shortage of 2011/12, I had no plates on my newly purchased pickup for over 8 months. I was made aware that the penalty for not having plates and proof of registration commands a 7000 baht fine or vehicle seizure or both. For those that have plates and one or the other has fallen off or been stolen, the usual random stop-and-fine applies withe the penalty mostly determined on how hungry the cop is. For those with faded numbers paint on their plates, the cops generally won't ticket for that but they may pull you over and mention it. You should make the effort and get them replaced.

This is based on my personal experience over the 25 years of driving here. It is not empirical. This does not mean that your experience or that of anyone else will be not be totally different.

no number plate fine is Bt.500.

On 9/16/2022 at 6:47 PM, AsianAtHeart said:

been watching too many police thrillers, you think they would cctv camera follow you back to your house

15 minutes ago, steve187 said:

been watching too many police thrillers, you think they would cctv camera follow you back to your house

There have been multiple incidents in the news of the police using the cameras to track people down, Yingluck being among the most high-profile of cases.  Have you driven around Thailand much, and especially at night?  If you have, you may have noticed that there are lots of police checkpoints where no police are checking anyone, but all the traffic is forced to weave through cones in a single lane.  Pay attention and you will see that there is always a camera there, recording every passing vehicle.  So, while the police may not be physically present at the checkpoint, they have their virtual presence there always--and, you can be sure, the camera is not merely there for looks.

The cameras are on all major highways, and the information they provide can locate a vehicle to within a particular district--not, perhaps, to your very door.  To come to your door would require going "the extra mile."  Give them enough incentive, and there's nothing stopping them from it.

5 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Have you driven around Thailand much, and especially at night?  If you have, you may have noticed that there are lots of police checkpoints where no police are checking anyone, but all the traffic is forced to weave through cones in a single lane. 

"Have you driven around Thailand much, and especially at night?"

Have you?   Those checkpoints haven't been seen in Bangkok for years.

47 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Have you driven around Thailand much, and especially at night?"

Have you?   Those checkpoints haven't been seen in Bangkok for years.

I haven't been in Bangkok for a long time.  Most of the northern and northeastern provinces have these checkpoints.

• Like 1