Covid Visa extension question

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 60 day covid 19 extensions of stay have ended for everybody.There are no exceptions.

Thanks, is there a way to get another 30 days or something without a border run? I find it a little surprising they didn't wait until Feb/Mar to end the visa extension program (because it has to help the economy right?).

On 9/17/2022 at 2:00 PM, ubonjoe said:

The 60 day covid 19 extensions of stay have ended for everybody.There are no exceptions.

I was in the early Covid visas since 2020.  Went today to IT Square and yep it is over.  They offered me 7 days (this is what i expected) but they also said 'if you have letter from Embassy you get 30 days'. I think they were confused because i had an old (2020) letter in w my documents.   The US embassy certainly isn't issuing any such letter and hasn't since 2020.  I cant find any regulations related to this either.  I'd like 30 days ...  Anyone heard about this?  Also if I did border run Im assuming I will not get back in after this extended stay. 

6 minutes ago, BaronV said:

Also if I did border run Im assuming I will not get back in after this extended stay.

If you qualify for visa exempt entry a border run won't be an issue.

Visa exempt rises to 45 days from Oct 1. 

Each visa exempt entry can be extended by 30 days. 1900baht.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you qualify for visa exempt entry a border run won't be an issue.

Visa exempt rises to 45 days from Oct 1. 

Each visa exempt entry can be extended by 30 days. 1900baht.

If the Mai Sai border open for a run?   I don't need to do a run, but curious.

Let's say that it is.......45 days, pay 1900.... Now you got 75 days.  Do it twice.  Got 150 days.  Laos for a TR, 2 months.  extend 1 month.  Do that twice.

It's fun having options.......

I used the COVID extension twice I believe.   Was really great.  Sad to see it go.