What type of grass is this please

There are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of common varieties of grass.  The average lawn may have at least a score--but your photos appear to have a more consistent showing.  Your grass looks quite lovely!

If you learn the answer, I'd be interested in it, too.  Meanwhile, if you don't find an answer, you could always allow a patch of it to grow tall and produce seed--then use that to reseed your bare patches.

You could also just take a few plugs of grass and place them in the bare spots--they'll grow out from there.  Of course, that takes a little time and may not look as nice in the interim.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

I think that if you leave it it will grow back. That's how I grassed my garden. Whatever grew I just kept cutting back until the weeds died and all blended in.

This is a picture in about May when the grass starts to grow after the dry season.

DSC00104.JPG

@AsianAtHeartthank you so much for the time and effort you put into your reply . Thanks for the compliment my friend . We do have a healthy lawn , it’s just patchy in places .it got a little out of hand where we didn’t cut it for over 4-6 weeks and we did have something that resembled a wheat farm . So I might just take your beautiful advice and cultivate the seeds that grow . Thanks very much for replying ????

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I think that if you leave it it will grow back. That's how I grassed my garden. Whatever grew I just kept cutting back until the weeds died and all blended in.

This is a picture in about May when the grass starts to grow after the dry season.

DSC00104.JPG

Thanks Ivor , but at some point when the baldness is not growing back , it needs help . Enough about my hairline , let’s stick to gardening