Taxis From Bkk Airport To Pattaya

stevenuk

thank-you for your intrest

we would be arriving at the airport approx. 03;00 am on january 7 2005 i dont know if this is too far in the future for you to quote but a rough idea woukld be fine

thanks again

ste

Airport limo, there are heaps of them after you have collected your bags and gone through customs. You will be looking at around 1500 baht one way.

Unless Stumonster comes up with something else.

If I have to do it I use the limos, usually a merc but have had a volvo.

Good luck, at least you have a lot of time to prepare

the one way trip should set you back about 1500-1600 baht, as long as the fuel prices do not continue to rise like they have in the past month.

you might want to check your arrival time as I thought the don muang airport finished flights at 12pm.

Last time I went to Pattaya from BKK, I was quoted 1000bht all in by a Taxi Meter Driver. But when we arrived he demanded 1700!!

Funny though when you go back to BKK from Pattaya the taxt will only charge 800Bht!

Never could understand why it is double from BKK?

Last time I went to Pattaya from BKK, I was quoted 1000bht all in by a Taxi Meter Driver. But when we arrived he demanded 1700!!

Funny though when you go back to BKK from Pattaya the taxt will only charge 800Bht!

DC, I think that is because he can charge you for going back to BKK, where as leaving from Pattaya he is actually going one way. Just my thoughts anyway.

However, I always see a heap of minibuses full of farang heading towards Pattaya, I do not know who or what they are but I am sure one could find a cheaper way...How about the train? :o

Just go up to the arrivals area and grab a taxi as he is dropping someone off. You should be able to negotiate between 800 and 1000 baht.

Sometimes they will do the job themselves. Sometimes they will take you to their mate if they are about to knock off.

They will usually make you pay for all the toll charges as well.

If you want a limo - then the Thai Airways licenced people charge a basic 1,200 baht, but the fuel surcharges have this now running at 1,500 to 1,600 baht. This also includes the toll fees.

Meter taxis on their own will charge about the same basic amount, plus toll charges.

If you go outside to the taxi stand and queue for a taxi, paying at the booth, I think it is 1,000 plus toll fees.

I usually arrange my own driver beforehand, but the charges are about the same.

If you are here for fun 'n games, Penthouse Hotel will send a 'special' meet 'n greet limo with all the goodies packed inside. But this will cost an arm and a leg.

DC, I think that is because he can charge you for going back to BKK, where as leaving from Pattaya he is actually going one way. Just my thoughts anyway.

However, I always see a heap of minibuses full of farang heading towards Pattaya, I do not know who or what they are but I am sure one could find a cheaper way...How about the train? :o

Is that a hand grenade in your avatar Leith ?

For a normal meter taxi just go to the queue and arrange from one of the waiting cabs. You should be able to get for about 1,000 bat or a little more. This provides security. Do not go upstairs( departure). It is not an authorized taxi stop and drivers have not be checked. Those that advise that method seem to believe paying an extra 50 bat for airport pickup/security is excessive. I (obviously) do not. :o