How much to rent Honda Forza 300/350

fpexpert

Hi,

I am going to Chiang Mai in a couple of months and was thinking of renting a Honda Forza for about 4 days to get about on, however on looking at bike rental ads on google they are saying 1200 Baht a day which is ridiculous. Does anyone know some actual real prices and any bike rental recomendations.

3 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Not my business, but if you intend to "get about", why not something in the 150-160cc range, they are just as good in town and definitely easier in the traffic and on the wallet.

Show-off maybe? See a lot of them around looking a little goofy. A 125 click is suffice. I’ve seen some pretty big porkers getting around just fine on the 125’s 

I saw a new shop just the other day, Mango, that had bigger bikes just off huaykaew down the alley just past the shell station. By the looks of the shop I bet the prices are reasonable. 

I rented a Honda Forza 350cc with storage box from POP big bike rental.

The bike was very new I rented for 9 days, the covid19 price was 900฿ per day. But on the POP website the price was 1300฿ plus 100฿ for the storage box total 1400฿.

just a side note POP have the new Honda ADV 350cc in stock, I would consider the ADV over the Forza

Edited by dayo202

On 9/21/2022 at 3:31 PM, fpexpert said:

however on looking at bike rental ads on google they are saying 1200 Baht a day which is ridiculous

Why ridiculous?

Small bikes usually go for 300 baht a day. A forza costs 3 times as much to purchase as well as maintenance, which would make it 900 Baht. Then take into account that a Forza willl spend more time just standing around in the shop instead of being rented out because most people rent smaller bikes.... and then you are at 1200 baht. Maybe you can find one for 1000, but finding one lower than this won't be easy, except maybe a run down 300cc model...

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Why ridiculous?

Small bikes usually go for 300 baht a day. A forza costs 3 times as much to purchase as well as maintenance, which would make it 900 Baht. Then take into account that a Forza willl spend more time just standing around in the shop instead of being rented out because most people rent smaller bikes.... and then you are at 1200 baht. Maybe you can find one for 1000, but finding one lower than this won't be easy, except maybe a run down 300cc model...

Where are you located? Maybe not in cm?

most of the small bikes I see in cm are renting for 200-250 a day.

don't know anything about the big bikes because I’d never ride one in the city, defeats the purpose of having a bike because the big bikes sit behind the car jamb a lot of times while the small ones weave to the front.

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Why ridiculous?

Motorbike rental in CM cost a lot more than other places in Thailand.

155cc PCX, NMax etc.. will set you back 500฿ day you may get a small discount for long term rental 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 2:18 PM, novacova said:

Show-off maybe? See a lot of them around looking a little goofy. A 125 click is suffice. I’ve seen some pretty big porkers getting around just fine on the 125’s 

I saw a new shop just the other day, Mango, that had bigger bikes just off huaykaew down the alley just past the shell station. By the looks of the shop I bet the prices are reasonable. 

I was not renting a Forza to ride around CM central but was intending to go on a 3 to 4 hour trips on it to some different places so need something to put some luggage in. Also i have been riding bikes for over 40 years, i live in Thailand and had a Forza 350 till earlier this year and now have an XMAX 300 but thats not much use to me as i'm flying to CM. Also i find clicks very uncomfortable.

On 9/23/2022 at 10:25 AM, arithai12 said:

You can try  calling e.g. CP, they rent m/bikes and also big scooters, good English. The prices might vary with rental durtion but I am afraid they will be not as economic as you hope. btw, I assume you already are in Thailand and have a Thai DL. If coming as a tourist from abroad, make sure you have an international driving permit from your country first.

Not my business, but if you intend to "get about", why not something in the 150-160cc range, they are just as good in town and definitely easier in the traffic and on the wallet.

I was not going to rent it to go on short trips.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:04 PM, FriendlyFarang said:

Why ridiculous?

Ridiculous compared to the prices in Hua Hin!

On 9/23/2022 at 7:20 PM, novacova said:

Where are you located? Maybe not in cm?

most of the small bikes I see in cm are renting for 200-250 a day.

don't know anything about the big bikes because I’d never ride one in the city, defeats the purpose of having a bike because the big bikes sit behind the car jamb a lot of times while the small ones weave to the front.

Not renting it to ride around town.