DOJ can resume criminal probe of classified documents from Mar-a-Lago, appeals court says

Scott

Mar-a-Lago on Palm Beach Island, Palm Beach, Florida Mar-a-Lago on Palm Beach Island, Palm Beach, Florida, USA. Mar-a-Lago is Palm Beach's grandest mansion with 58 bedrooms and 33 bathrooms. The building was built in 1927 by Joseph Urban and Marion Wyeth. mar a lago stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

A federal appeals court is allowing the Justice Department to continue looking at documents marked as classified that were seized from former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home and resort.

The emergency intervention upends a trial judge’s order over those documents that blocked federal investigators’ work on the documents, and is a strong rebuke of the Trump team’s attempt to suggest without evidence that materials were somehow declassified.

A special master’s review of that subset of about 100 records, which would’ve allowed Trump’s legal team to see them, is now partially stopped.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/21/politics/appeals-court-mar-a-lago-criminal-classified-documents/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

Trumps new defense.........???? he just has to think things declassified.

"Hi . House Intelligence Committee Chair here. Trump just claimed he could declassify things by saying “‘it’s declassified,’ even by thinking about it.” I know he says he’s a big “thinker” and all, but that’s not how any of this works. Not by any stretch of the imagination."

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1572778491791265792

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Trumps new defense.........???? he just has to think things declassified.

"Hi . House Intelligence Committee Chair here. Trump just claimed he could declassify things by saying “‘it’s declassified,’ even by thinking about it.” I know he says he’s a big “thinker” and all, but that’s not how any of this works. Not by any stretch of the imagination."

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1572778491791265792

That guy had the nuclear codes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah, trump’s increasing legal woes are mounting.

What a great day. 

He's toast and he knows it. But as he's cornered he's more desperate than ever. He has no legitimate defense so he's back to inciting extremist cult violence as on January 6th.

• Like 1

This article provides an excellent summary of all the ways that Judge Cannon and Donald Trump got slapped down by the 11 circuit court panel

Judge Cannon’s Latest Mar-a-Lago Ruling Just Got Benchslapped

In its ruling yesterday overturning Judge Aileen Cannon’s injunction—with regard to the approximately 100 documents bearing classified markings seized from former President Donald Trump’s Mar-A-Lago residence—the 11th Circuit did not merely overrule Judge Cannon, it went out of its way to detail the many ways in which Judge Cannon had fundamentally misstated the law.

In my more than 25 years of practice as a criminal and civil litigator (including three years as an assistant U.S. Attorney), I do not believe that I have read an appellate decision that was more dismissive of the lower court. The 11th Circuit sent a clear message to Judge Cannon and Trump: stop doing this.

Let's take them one by one.

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-cannon-latest-mar-lago-190314026.html

26 minutes ago, placeholder said:

This article provides an excellent summary of all the ways that Judge Cannon and Donald Trump got slapped down by the 11 circuit court panel

Judge Cannon’s Latest Mar-a-Lago Ruling Just Got Benchslapped

In its ruling yesterday overturning Judge Aileen Cannon’s injunction—with regard to the approximately 100 documents bearing classified markings seized from former President Donald Trump’s Mar-A-Lago residence—the 11th Circuit did not merely overrule Judge Cannon, it went out of its way to detail the many ways in which Judge Cannon had fundamentally misstated the law.

In my more than 25 years of practice as a criminal and civil litigator (including three years as an assistant U.S. Attorney), I do not believe that I have read an appellate decision that was more dismissive of the lower court. The 11th Circuit sent a clear message to Judge Cannon and Trump: stop doing this.

Let's take them one by one.

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-cannon-latest-mar-lago-190314026.html

It looks like Trump is toast. ????

• Haha 1