‘I will cross the border tonight’: Russians flee after news of draft

Scott

68,872 Traffic Jam Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

Hours after Vladimir Putin shocked Russia by announcing the first mobilisation since the second world war, Oleg received his draft papers in the mailbox, ordering him to make his way to the local recruitment centre in Kazan, the capital of the Tatarstan republic.

As a 29-year-old sergeant in the Russian reserves, Oleg said he always knew that he would be the first in line if a mobilisation was declared, but held out hope that he would not be forced to fight in the war in Ukraine.

“My heart sank when I got the call-up,” he said. “But I knew I had no time to despair.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/22/my-heart-sank-with-news-of-draft-russians-flee-in-droves

guardian.j.jpg

12 hours ago, champers said:

Dad's Army off to the front just as the cold weather starts to come in. What could go wrong?

Protestors are calling for big demos tomorrow (Saturday) accross Russia.

As was talked of last spring, the winter favors Russia because the muddy terrain freezes and it's much easier to navigate their tanks.  I'm sure the Ukrainis were hoping this would be over before the winter.

Now there's a contrast for you: people risk life limb and loved ones to slip into the US, and the risk of being deported once inside; Russia prevents people from leaving, just like USSR days.

Here's one way to stop them flying out, call up all the airline staff ????

Half the workers of Russia's biggest airline may be forced to join the army by Vladimir Putin, report says

Vladimir Putin may force at least half the workers of Russia's biggest airline to join the army, the Kommersant newspaper reported on Friday.

Staff of at least five airlines, including Aeroflot, received conscription notices within a day of Putin's speech. Sources told the newspaper that between 50% and 80% of Aeroflot's employees could be ordered to the frontlines of the conflict with Ukraine.

A source close to Aeroflot said that over half the staff at three of the group's airlines, including Rossiya and Pobeda, could be called up, per the report.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/half-workers-russias-biggest-airline-111205548.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

"  I will cross the border tonight’: Russians flee after news of draft "

I hope you get shot in the process.

and I'm absolutely sure all Ukrainians feel the same.    Rot in hell you b_rstards    !!!    burn like dogs