GBP Transfer to Kbank from UK?

Help please,

I am working out some arithmetic!My UK Bank tells me they charge £50 Total including Swift transfer.I have Kbank transfer charges.. Copy enclosed....am I reading this correctly?.... Example 50K transfer would cost @0.25%+$25?.. Kbank only accept Swift transfers?...so I understand from them!?

I use Wise also but had a dissatisfying transfer from US Dollars(1000) as I had to $35on top of $10>>>>I knew I had share this but 3 times is ridiculous isn't it!?...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by hashmodha
Additional information

I transfer £s from my UK bank to Wise, and then execute a transfer to Kasikorn in Thb from Wise.  Very quick and the fees are transparent, as is the rate they use.

I can transfer direct from my UK bank to Kasikorn, which is a flat fee of £20. However the exchange rate is almost never that close to what Wise transfer at.

if I move £s from UK to £s in my Thai bank I do use the bank for £20 fee.

• Like 1

Heavy Swift fees for a UK bank I opened a Halifax current account for sole purpose of using their £9 swift fee for transfers to Thailand.

There may be cheaper but this is with a free account, something with a monthly fee may have a cheaper swift fee hidden amongst its 'bells n whistles'

6 minutes ago, Regyai said:

Heavy Swift fees for a UK bank I opened a Halifax current account for sole purpose of using their £9 swift fee for transfers to Thailand.

There may be cheaper but this is with a free account, something with a monthly fee may have a cheaper swift fee hidden amongst its 'bells n whistles'

I just transferred a million baht as we're building a house

It would have cost me £657 more to use my bank (Halifax)  than use transferwise because of the crappy exchange rate.

• Like 2

I transfer money into my Kasikorn account using Wise and have never had a problem.

I send money to them using my online UK account.

The fees are considerably less than £50 as I usually transfer around 1000 GBP a time as and when I require it.

Typically less than £10.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

I transfer £s from my UK bank to Wise, and then execute a transfer to Kasikorn in Thb from Wise.  Very quick and the fees are transparent, as is the rate they use.

I can transfer direct from my UK bank to Kasikorn, which is a flat fee of £20. However the exchange rate is almost never that close to what Wise transfer at.

if I move £s from UK to £s in my Thai bank I do use the bank for £20 fee.

Same here 20 quid charge up to about 50k i think maybe try 49k as with an Oz bank my daily limit is 10k on int transfers NAH BS it is 9,982 the fee is taken from the daily limit 18AUD

13 hours ago, krabi local said:

I transfer direct from my Nat West account to my Kasikorn without any problems.

Kasikorn never charge me anything and Nat West is free unless I want same day transfer when it costs £15.

Yes, but what exchange rate do you get compared to Wise?  The Fee is only part of the story.

PH

13 hours ago, krabi local said:

I transfer direct from my Nat West account to my Kasikorn without any problems.

Kasikorn never charge me anything and Nat West is free unless I want same day transfer when it costs £15.

That's because NatWest are ripping you on the exchange rate. Wake up!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is there a monthly charge on that account? and is your address Thailand?

No, it's a standard basic Bank Account account that I've held for many years and there is no monthly fee. Yes, my address is in Thailand but it changes backwards and forwards every few years, depending on where I'm living, currently I'm living at my home in Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, krabi local said:

I Would be an idiot to get Nat West todo the exchange, I send the money in Sterling and Kasikorn do the exchange.  Normally get about 0.2 below the quoted rate on XE.

No, you don't. Don't give false info. TT rate is around 0.5 baht below the Spot Rate.

But it's good if they send in Pounds with no fees from their side.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/24/2022 at 9:17 AM, Regyai said:

Might as well be zero from the Halifax as it lands at Telegraphic Transfer Rates whereas Wise are using as always full interbank

I still occasionally run checks against other providers taking into account fees etc and still none come close

• Thumbs Up 1

No idea why I cant edit that post above after being a member for 18 years maybe went past time limit for editing

Was going to add its "all about the bottom line"

Doesnt matter remotely which fees are or are not occuring in the interim as its all about what lands in your account