Wondering why you can't buy a Motor Scooter Cash Huaykwang and Dindaeng

Robbie63

The wife was out the other day and inquired about the cash price for the Yamaha Grand Filano. The dealer told her they only sell if you Finance with them. So she went around to several shops and everyone required Financing. I told her next time find out who the finance company is. No Credit Cards or Cash seems real strange to me. Sounds like the Mafia LLC. Loans. I would appreciate any one else's recent experience? Thank you

1 hour ago, Robbie63 said:

The wife was out the other day and inquired about the cash price for the Yamaha Grand Filano. The dealer told her they only sell if you Finance with them. So she went around to several shops and everyone required Financing. I told her next time find out who the finance company is. No Credit Cards or Cash seems real strange to me. Sounds like the Mafia LLC. Loans. I would appreciate any one else's recent experience? Thank you

They’re in a racket together with the financing company. They make more money on the finance so are trying to force people into that. 

Either go further afield if you really want Filano... or look at another brand. 

My last 3 motorcycles all bought ‘cash'...  a quick simple transaction on mobile banking. 

Because they can get more from Finance, some will part will cash for a premium over the recommended price, but for models that's in demand and there's waiting list for it... forget cash 

Depends on the model, maybe the manufacturer like Yamaha won't let them  put up the price, so they just won't sell for cash, or it's not worth their time there are some stores out of town that still deal with cash will deliver, big one for Bangkok are in Rama 3 or north in Nawa Nakhorn some will even sell online via Shopee and even let you use credit card to pay for the whole amount. Problem is then come service time that your local shop sees that you haven't bought the bike from them then wouldn't even give you the time of day or book you in for a service. 

57 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That's just silly, every car & scooter we've bought was cash.  Car shy of 2 yrs ago, and scooter less than 1 yr ago.

same here and already did it 2 times for each= 2 cars cash 2 scooter cash nobody ever asked me to finance but we are foreigners maybe Thais can not afford paying cash

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I just bought a Honda Click 160 with ABS. Price in Chanthaburi was 74,000 baht cash. Exact same bike in Pattaya 93,000. Shop around.

Although cheaper than Pattaya, 74k is the recommend price of 69,900 บาท(ABS Model) + 6%.

click-160-st-1068x712.png

On 9/24/2022 at 3:54 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

I just bought a Honda Click 160 with ABS. Price in Chanthaburi was 74,000 baht cash. Exact same bike in Pattaya 93,000. Shop around.

That's interesting as I was quoted 72,500 at the Honda dealer on Thepprasit last week for the same exact bike.

19 minutes ago, jwdub12 said:

That's interesting as I was quoted 72,500 at the Honda dealer on Thepprasit last week for the same exact bike.

Good he hear. There is a Facebook group for Pattaya expats where one of the members said less than  month ago he had gone to several distributors, all quoting 93,000. The word must have gotten out due to diligent netizens such as ourselves.

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2022 at 4:06 PM, KhunLA said:

That's just silly, every car & scooter we've bought was cash.  Car shy of 2 yrs ago, and scooter less than 1 yr ago.

Immaterial. Supply and demand. Since the slump in sales during the height of covid and the unavailability of parts today, demand has since soared so they will naturally want to get as much as possible. In short, they don't need to sell for cash since the guy behind you is willing to go finance and pay more.

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Immaterial. Supply and demand

More like 'scam & scam'

We popped into MG, to ask about financing our 'order' instead of paying cash, told can't do, since order placed stating cash payment.  Kind of the opposite of what you are implying.

Anyone dumb enough to pay silly interest, when they want to pay cash, oh well ... som nam na

Shop elsewhere, simple enough.

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Immaterial. Supply and demand. Since the slump in sales during the height of covid and the unavailability of parts today, demand has since soared so they will naturally want to get as much as possible. In short, they don't need to sell for cash since the guy behind you is willing to go finance and pay more.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate everyone's comments

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 4:21 PM, Robbie63 said:

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate everyone's comments

Did you ever manage to find a dealer who would sell at list price for cash Robbie ?

We're facing the same issue at the moment. So far we've tried 6 different garages, who have all refused to sell for cash insisting only on pay monthly at stupid rates. The only brand who would sell at cash for the list price was GPX.

11 minutes ago, Melpomene said:

Did you ever manage to find a dealer who would sell at list price for cash Robbie ?

We're facing the same issue at the moment. So far we've tried 6 different garages, who have all refused to sell for cash insisting only on pay monthly at stupid rates. The only brand who would sell at cash for the list price was GPX.

look at a snatch back, some good deals to be had

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 9:04 AM, jwdub12 said:

I bought the same from them a month ago for 72,000. Still 2000 over list but they took cash and delivery straight away.