What type of box to connect from wifi to smart tv ?

gimo

On 9/27/2022 at 2:22 PM, longball53098 said:

Gimo, you need a lot more help then you will get from this forum. If you are really as "unsavy" as you say. Everyone here is going to confuse you with many different ideas and terms and it will just confuse you more. You need to find a local person that already has a "box"  and go see what they have and how they do it. Or get to a local IT store on your next trip to the big city. If you have computer and internet skills even basic skills then researching the internet for IPTV and all related info is where you need to start.  If you try to get the easy answer here you will just get overwhelmed. 

Thanks Longball , You are spot on with your first two sentences . There are no local people to help and have been told in the biggest IT place in Yaso ( via my wife's translation ) that I cannot buy an android box in Yasothon .Unfortunately the person who put me on xtreme IPTV , already had the box, tv , wifi set up when he moved in -- he can't really help me -- he's in Hua Hin -- I'm in Yasothon , Issan . I don't have car -- would a town like Ubon Ratchathani have an IT mall that evryone's talking about ?

7 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Don't bother. The specification is almost certainly a fabrication. I would guess 2 GB of RAM with 16 GB of storage, as opposed to the fabricated 8 GB/128 GB. The poster recommending should know better.

IPTV has told me via e-mail that I need box with 3/4 gb of Ram and 32gb of Rom to access their stuff . Esp Premier lg , cricket and NRL .It's all their sport that I really want , plus some movies for my 10 y.0 son

3 minutes ago, gimo said:

IPTV has told me via e-mail that I need box with 3/4 gb of Ram and 32gb of Rom to access their stuff . Esp Premier lg , cricket and NRL .It's all their sport that I really want , plus some movies for my 10 y.0 son

I know and I already linked you to suitable boxes. Didn't you see?

On 9/26/2022 at 2:26 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Ditto - both about the same ages, both connected to a "Magicsee N5" Android box.

But the last couple of days, 3BB has had a problem providing the IPTV signal. The TV would pause and continue between 10 and 30 seconds. But this morning, after 10:30am, it started working normally. The IPTV company said it was a 3BB problem and I believe them.

Is a magicsee box specific to 3BB or would it also work with AIS , which is my wifi provider ??

On 9/26/2022 at 1:53 PM, JetsetBkk said:

I disagree.  He made a joke about Amazon and said "IPTV" instead of "IPTV provider".  There are people who live outside the "tech" world. 

Yes Jetset , that is definitely the case .

47 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I know and I already linked you to suitable boxes. Didn't you see?

Yes , thank you .I am looking into them . waiting for my son to come home to help translate some the writing .

1 hour ago, gimo said:

Is a magicsee box specific to 3BB or would it also work with AIS , which is my wifi provider ??

Not connected to any network. You are making a mountain out of a molehill. The box to which I linked is suitable. Your bigger issue is actually getting what you want to watch up and running. You are making too much of an issue about the box.