60 days extension

42 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If non O based on marriage can obtain 60 day extension.

If based on retirement then no 60 day extension is available. 

Strongly suggest that you obtain the new extension prior to your trip.

Also reentry permit.

Doesn't matter what visa he has,if he is married to a Thai he can get a 60 day extension

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Doesn't matter what visa he has,if he is married to a Thai he can get a 60 day extension

Correct. 

He did not mention being married. 

Fact is mentioned his extension from non O due soon.

So he is either married or retired or both. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

i am on the 12 month extension based on marriage, i did not want to continue until i return from my trip, but at the moment i have not decided where to travel yet and need more time to make decision that is why i need the 60 days extension

just want to make thing clear, i am on a 1 year non-o marriage extension in Thailand, and do not want to make another extension until i return to Thailand, but need more time to plan my trip and that is where the 60day extension come in, so it is possible i can extend for another 60days yes.

Edited by vinci

8 minutes ago, vinci said:

i am on the 12 month extension based on marriage, i did not want to continue until i return from my trip, but at the moment i have not decided where to travel yet and need more time to make decision that is why i need the 60 days extension

just want to make thing clear, i am on a 1 year non-o marriage extension in Thailand, and do not want to make another extension until i return to Thailand, but need more time to plan my trip and that is where the 60day extension come in, so it is possible i can extend for another 60days yes.

Currently you have stamp in your passport "admitted untill" date.

To push that date out you could apply for 60 day extension and a reentry permit.

Have your trip out and return prior to your new until date. 

IMO all very messy.

Must be pressing reason to not obtain extension prior to trip.

Yes you will have an under consideration period but think you mentioned your current permit ends soon.

Strange especially given you don't even know where you want to go. 

1 hour ago, vinci said:

do not want to make another extension until i return to Thailand, but need more time to plan my trip and that is where the 60day extension come in,

I hope you have the required 400,000 THB in your account?

You seem to have unusual circumstances but, like others, I am not sure I understand what they are. It seems you want to take a trip (duration unclear, destination unclear, timing unclear) but this somehow gets in the way of the normal process of getting a one-year extension.

Anyway, you can get a 60-day extension but, note carefully, only if you have never previously had a 60-day extension since your initial entry into Thailand (with entries with a re-entry permit not qualifying you for an additional 60-day extension). Since you are aware of the 60-day extension, I am concerned that you might already have had one.

i had a 60-day extension at the beginning of covid on a non-o visa, the kind that you have to leave very 90 days, when everything was screw up and couldn't go anywhere, it was like 2 year ago, from there i went to non-o marriage extension till now.

as of now my extension will end in 3 week, the wife and i made a last minute decision to travel to Europe 6-8 country in 3-4 month, we have many thing to deal with before we go, looking for some agency to look over the house while we are away, plus looking for plane ticket the price is off the charge, hotel booking, train ticket  and etc.., 3 week is not enough time to deal with many thing, that is why im planning to extend for another 60-days to wrap thing up, plus we are un-decided if we will return to Thailand after the trip, we might go straight to America to visit family and that is why i did not want to do another extend until we return to Thailand, hope that clear up everything

25 minutes ago, vinci said:

Thailand after the trip, we might go straight to America to visit family and that is why i did not want to do another extend until we return to Thailand, hope that clear up everything

Doesn't sound sensible to me.

Your permit ends in 3 weeks and you also mentioned that you keep 400k in bank.

You could obtain your extension now and have your final stamp in about a further month.

Then go on any holiday you wish having obtained a reentry permit. 

Extension cost 1900baht.

No brainer for me. 

27 minutes ago, vinci said:

i had a 60-day extension at the beginning of covid on a non-o visa, the kind that you have to leave very 90 days, when everything was screw up and couldn't go anywhere, it was like 2 year ago, from there i went to non-o marriage extension till now.

as of now my extension will end in 3 week, the wife and i made a last minute decision to travel to Europe 6-8 country in 3-4 month, we have many thing to deal with before we go, looking for some agency to look over the house while we are away, plus looking for plane ticket the price is off the charge, hotel booking, train ticket  and etc.., 3 week is not enough time to deal with many thing, that is why im planning to extend for another 60-days to wrap thing up, plus we are un-decided if we will return to Thailand after the trip, we might go straight to America to visit family and that is why i did not want to do another extend until we return to Thailand, hope that clear up everything

you can only get 1 x 60 day visit wife extension per entry into Thailand not including re-entry permit entries, if your extension expires, you will need a fresh non imm visa to obtain a yearly extension upon return to Thailand

Doesn't sound sensible to me.

Your permit ends in 3 weeks and you also mentioned that you keep 400k in bank.

You could obtain your extension now and have your final stamp in about a further month.

Then go on any holiday you wish having obtained a reentry permit. 

Extension cost 1900baht.

No brainer for me. 

i get what you're saying, extend for another year get 30 day waiting time, and get reentry permit, in my view i might not return to Thailand for a whole full year and what is the point in that.

you can only get 1 x 60 day visit wife extension per entry into Thailand not including re-entry permit entries

so you're saying i cannot get another 60-days extension, since i never left Thailand.

you will need a fresh non imm visa to obtain a yearly extension upon return to Thailand

im not concerning about the return i can get a single non-o visa from any country in Europe, if i return from there, or get one in America if i return from there.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, vinci said:

I get what you're saying, extend for another year get 30 day waiting time, and get reentry permit, in my view i might not return to Thailand for a whole full year and what is the point in that.

Fine .....in that case leave prior to expiry of your permit.

Not much time to organize such a big trip.

Or do border run to gain 45 days from visa exempt entry. 

Or spend 1900 extension+ 1000 reentry for 12 months flexibility.

Not difficult.