Affordable smartphone in CH under 2k. Where to get or what a good model?

jay36

Does anybody know where or how to get an affordable smartphone under 2000 baht low risk or safely?

Or what is a good model thats decent for this price. Just need secondary phone for apps and web, so probably android, and good cheap recommendations?

Lazada seems to have a ton of crazy cheap ones with lots of reviews and he prices are like 20% of those phones elsewhere so I dont understand what is wrong with those offers or why they are so cheap. Surely cant be complete scams with all those review but wondering whats the catch, been hesitant to order since I cant read Thai and worried i miss some fineprint translating it.

Any thoughts? Thanks

I tested those super cheap Lazada adds.  99% a total scam.  First of all, look at the spelling of the brand name.  Usually it will be a slightly misspelled version of a major brand: SAMSUGN instead of SAMSUNG, etc.

While the big text in the display ad will say stuff like 6 1/2" super display. 512ram, blah, blah, somewhere in the description or in the listing in your cart it will say "phone may differ".  What arrived when I bought one for B1000 was a 4 1/2 inch GSM model from at least 10 years ago.  Seller refused return but Lazada overruled and I got my money back.

The best cheap phones on Lazada are Real Me and Xiaomi.  Just be aware, in todays world, a phone with 2gb ram and 32 gb storage is going to be VERY limited.

You can't get a reasonable spec brand name phone under 2k. Try pawn shops or second hand. The phone shouldn't be too old model/OS version as you may not be able to get security updates.

Memory wise ram is much more important,  don't go below 3gb as it would run very slow.