City Garden Pattaya Condominium or Wongamt Sanctuary

Did you mean City Garden in Soi 15 (City Center) or the City Garden Tropicana off of Naklua Soi 16/1?  

I live in Wongamat & looked at the Sanctuary/Club Royal but found them to be too remote from everything unless you had your own transport & even then it would be a pain to have to drive/ride to do something as simple as go to a 7-11/Family Mart).

If you are looking for a unit in the Wongamat area contact Som at Ocean Properties, lovely lady who will find you what you need. 

Edited by Mike Teavee

On 9/28/2022 at 1:39 AM, Trac said:

I meant City Garden in Soi 15 (City Center)

Wow they are complete polar opposites of each other in terms of living experience. 

Personally neither would be for me (I don't like to live in City Center but Sanctuary is too remote) but I have heard good things about City Garden & the units/prices at Sanctuary (and even more so Club Royal next door) look very attractive. 

• 2 weeks later...

In a nutshell City Garden is right in Pattaya City Center https://goo.gl/maps/BFiJnWFSWw1E5VpP6 

So you'll have everything on your doorstep but it's busy, can be noisy, there's a temptation to go out every night & (to me) gets really tiresome after a while. 

Sanctuary https://goo.gl/maps/9iyX51FwSisZeJNU7 is quite away outside of City Center with nothing around you, as I mentioned when I looked at the Club Royal nearby I couldn't even find a 7/11 or a Family Mart in walking distance, there may be Mom & Pop type stores & local restaurants but from what I could tell a local hotel was your only option for food/drinks & that gets expensive very quickly...  But presumably it's a lot more laid back/relaxed there. 

So it really is hard to compare the 2 as they both appeal to very different tastes/lifestyles, are you the kind of guy that likes to be in the middle of things & eat/go out a lot or do you prefer a more peaceful lifestyle with the occasional trip into town?

I wouldn't personally go for either as I don't like living in the City Center but have to have some options nearby that I can easily walk to so I live in Wongamat (which is about 80b from Central Festival in a Bolt Taxi when I feel the need to go into town) but have enough around me to fill my day-2-day needs.... Family Mart outside the Condo, Tops Daily, 2x7-11s, a Mini-Lotus, 2 upmarket coffee shops & 5-6 places to eat within a 5 minutes walk.

Edited by Mike Teavee

I presume you are talking about a long term rental/stay, in which case you may want to look at the short term rental situation in both blocks. Some of these blocks (city gardenare Airbnb ghettos, nothing but short term rentals, ie: people party for 2 weeks, monopolize the gym/pool etc 

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 7:11 AM, Peterw42 said:

I presume you are talking about a long term rental/stay, in which case you may want to look at the short term rental situation in both blocks. Some of these blocks (city gardenare Airbnb ghettos, nothing but short term rentals, ie: people party for 2 weeks, monopolize the gym/pool etc 

Interesting to get different viewpoints.

I know 2 people who live there. One owns and one is a very long time rental. Different blocks. neither have mentioned the issues you raised.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:02 PM, Trac said:

Wow they are complete polar opposites of each other in terms of living experience. 

Do you have time, to explain a bit?

I haven't watched the video yet, but Everything Pattaya has just released a video where he's looking at a condo in City Garden so might be of interest to you in your search... 

• 4 months later...
On 10/23/2022 at 4:59 AM, Mike Teavee said:

I haven't watched the video yet, but Everything Pattaya has just released a video where he's looking at a condo in City Garden so might be of interest to you in your search... 

Thanks for advice!