Using eVisa for Lao

After a, nearly, three year break due to Covid I will be going back to Savannakhet for a non-O (marriage) visa. This time I applied for an e-visa to enter Lao and approval arrived today. I have 60 days to use it but I have never done this before. I usually fill in the paperwork at the border and wait for the visa office to return my passport. My question is: Do I now by-pass the visa office and go straight to the immigration booth for entering Lao? .................or...............Do I still have to go to the visa office and have a paper visa attached to my passport as before? 

I have printed out the eVisa Approval Letter and it shows my photo (and other details as submitted with the application) and a QR code for immigration to scan. 

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Is it the same price as paying at the border?

The Lao eVisa is a bit more expensive than a visa on arrival (especially if you have clean, undamaged US$ notes available to pay for it). Further, there are some entry points where the eVisa cannot be used. It does, however, save space in your passport, and can sometimes save you time on entry to Laos, especially out of regular working hours when the visa on arrival desk might not be open.

• Like 1

The Lao eVisa is a bit more expensive than a visa on arrival (especially if you have clean, undamaged US$ notes available to pay for it).

I have been searching to find out how much a visa on arrival to Laos is for UK people since it varies by nationality. I haven't been able to find anything official.

Also do you need pay in USD?

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, greenblue14 said:

I have been searching to find out how much a visa on arrival to Laos is for UK people since it varies by nationality. I haven't been able to find anything official.

Also do you need pay in USD?

Thanks.

It is now $40 US for most nationalities including those from the UK.

You can pay in baht but the amount will vary. I have heard of it costing 1500 to 2000 baht.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is now $40 US for most nationalities including those from the UK.

You can pay in baht but the amount will vary. I have heard of it costing 1500 to 2000 baht.

Thanks. I'll pay in Thai Baht.

Another question... On the Visa arrival form it asks "Name and address of person to contact in Laos".

Is this left blank? Since I know no one there.

5 minutes ago, greenblue14 said:

Thanks. I'll pay in Thai Baht.

Another question... On the Visa arrival form it asks "Name and address of person to contact in Laos".

Is this left blank? Since I know no one there.

It can be left blank.