What are the chances of getting another stamp

Hello,

What are the chances of me getting another visa exempt stamp when arriving by air?

1. I arrived in Thailand in March by air. Got 30 days stamp + 30 days extension later on.

2. Left Thailand and came back by air in June.  Got another exempt stamp 30 days + 30 days extension.

3. Got COVID visa extension 60 days.

What are the chances of me getting another stamp when leaving and returning by air? I've heard you can get only 2 in a year and also that you can stay up to 6 months in the Kingdom. Is that true? I think I'm running out of options. I just need one more stamp here and then can go back home for Christmas. Any ideas? Maybe apply for a tourist visa in one of the neighboring countries?

14 minutes ago, d15pl4y said:

I've heard you can get only 2 in a year and also that you can stay up to 6 months in the Kingdom. Is that true?

No it's not true.

Visa exempt entries via air are unlimited however you have spent lot of time in Thailand and some would suggest next entry via air would be best with obtaining tourist visa.

There is no 6 month rule. 

You are allowed 2 land border visa exempt entries per calendar year. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Do a border bounce by land, avoiding Poipet/Aranyaprathet. If you risk a visa exempt entry by air again, you will probably be OK, but there is a realistic chance you could be denied entry. Alternatively, get a tourist visa. That will make a denied entry, even by air, very unlikely, but still conceivable at some airports.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Do a border bounce by land, avoiding Poipet/Aranyaprathet. If you risk a visa exempt entry by air again, you will probably be OK, but there is a realistic chance you could be denied entry. Alternatively, get a tourist visa. That will make a denied entry, even by air, very unlikely, but still conceivable at some airports.

I remember before COVID that the unwritten rule was that 6-7 visa exempt entries by air would raise a few red flags, but even then it was quite rare you'd get denied entry. Has things changed since ?I see a lot of posts mentioning that after 3 visa-exempt entries by air you might get into trouble.

Also, knowing that Thailand is desperate for tourists at the moment I find it hard to believe that you'd get denied entry after 3 visa-exempt entries by air, 

Edited by RedReding
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2022 at 3:00 PM, BritTim said:

Hi Tim was not familiar with those place names before but on checking I see they are close to each other for the border run.If not those two then what is the preferred Cambodian border run town/city to do then that doesn’t give a problem.

Thanks.

Edited by Hmunker
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hmunker said:

Hi Tim was not familiar with those place names before but on checking I see they are close to each other for the border run.If not those two then what is the preferred Cambodian border run town/city to do then that doesn’t give a problem.

Thanks.

ban packard (pakkad) is shown here - https://bit.ly/3Rl9aVx or ban laem ( which is about 30km further north), both are in Chantaburi

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 3:00 PM, BritTim said:

Are there still problems for people using the poipet border?any suggestions on what other border to use if coming from siem reap?

1 hour ago, Daithi85 said:

Are there still problems for people using the poipet border?any suggestions on what other border to use if coming from siem reap?

One option from Siem Reap is O'Smach/Chong Chom. The border is not very far, but there was very little public transport the last time I checked, and it takes you to Surin province in Thailand that may not be particularly convenient in many cases. If you are currently in Siem Reap, ask around locally to see if there are buses to O'Smach. Alternatively, if your bargaining skills are good, taxis in Cambodia can be remarkably cheap. Your hotel may (or may not!) be helpful in finding a good taxi at a good price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, d15pl4y said:

Do you know what's gonna happen if I'm rejected to enter Thailand by land? Will I have to walk back to Cambodia and pay another visa fee?

If you are denied entry into Thailand, your exit stamp from Cambodia will be cancelled, and you never left Cambodia. If denied at Aran, you will have a nasty denied entry stamp in your passport which may create a problem entering through other land crossings from Cambodia. (You will still be OK if you make the inconvenient trek to a land crossing from Laos to Thailand.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

You can use pre-screened VIP fast track services if arriving by air.

https://asq.in.th/thailand-fasttrack

This will ensure that you don't end up in a difficult situation.

Any further information on this? Maybe not provide a link to a page with no information about conditions, prices etc. Especially not when said page wants you to upload a passport copy.

20 minutes ago, farang51 said:

Any further information on this? Maybe not provide a link to a page with no information about conditions, prices etc. Especially not when said page wants you to upload a passport copy.

It's the order page for TVC provided fast-track services, additional support can be obtained via LINE

35 minutes ago, farang51 said:

If it helps, this site says it's 1250 baht for fast track entry or departure (2400 for both)

https://www.limousine.in.th/fast-track-immigration.php

Edited by aussiexpat

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

If it helps, this site says it's 1250 baht for fast track entry or departure (2400 for both)

https://www.limousine.in.th/fast-track-immigration.php

This is not the same service, as they do not guarantee entry.

We prescreen, and ensure no hassle entry.

The OP is mainly worried about visa history, not the line queue.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, BritTim said:

One option from Siem Reap is O'Smach/Chong Chom. The border is not very far, but there was very little public transport the last time I checked, and it takes you to Surin province

Maybe someone here can help, I'm trying to apply for a Cambodian Tourist Visa online (Irish passport holder) and was planning on entering at O'Smach/Chong Chom however when I try complete the form there is not option for this entry point, only these:

image.png.c9dd9980e631fefd6ec737e39910d0d2.png

Anyone have any idea why?

Thanks,
Peter.

12 minutes ago, Peter Aherne said:

Maybe someone here can help, I'm trying to apply for a Cambodian Tourist Visa online (Irish passport holder) and was planning on entering at O'Smach/Chong Chom however when I try complete the form there is not option for this entry point, only these:

image.png.c9dd9980e631fefd6ec737e39910d0d2.png

Anyone have any idea why?

Thanks,
Peter.

The Cambodian eVisa can only be used at a few crossing points. You will need to get a visa on arrival.

• 4 weeks later...