Married extension

You mean final stamp after under consideration period?

Current thread that touches on that.

Best to maintain funds during under consideration period.

Having said that have only read of being warned if the funds have not been maintained. 

Edited by DrJack54

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You mean final stamp after under consideration period?

Current thread that touches on that.

Best to maintain funds during under consideration period.

Having said that have only read of being warned if the funds have not been maintained. 

Yes, final stamp. Wasn't asked for it on (first) final stamp last year.

Should add the whole process was quite pleasant this year.

Edited by overherebc

For a number of years now I have taken my updated bank book with my when I go to get my final extension stamp.

I have never been asked for it and I don't know anyone who has.

It's just that I live a good hours drive away and I don't want to be caught out. 

Many years ago in the boy scouts I learnt to always be prepared...

5 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

For a number of years now I have taken my updated bank book with my when I go to get my final extension stamp.

I have never been asked for it and I don't know anyone who has.

It's just that I live a good hours drive away and I don't want to be caught out. 

Many years ago in the boy scouts I learnt to always be prepared...

Was doing extensions in a different area before and always had the book ready but was never asked.

For the last two years at CW I was required to provide an updated copy of my passbook showing at least Bt400K when picking up my final marriage extension stamp which gave 12 more months.  Each time I was told of this requirement by the immigration officer who provided the initial approval/under consideration stamp.  And on the day I went back to get the final approval stamp I did have to provide a copy of my update bank passbook.   

Basically, I've been required to have at least Bt400K in the bank at least two months before applying for an extension per immigration regulation and also expected to maintain at least Bt400K during the under consideration period/until receiving that "final 12 month extension stamp" approx 30 days after applying.

Edited by Pib
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

Basically, I've been required to have at least Bt400K in the bank at least two months before applying for an extension per immigration regulation and also expected to maintain at least Bt400K during the under consideration period/until receiving that "final 12 month extension stamp" approx 30 days after applying.

I hope folk on extensions based on marriage take notice of your post.

Bottom line is have the 400k for 2 months prior and maintain during under consideration period.

Approx 3 months all up.

Very sweet deal. 

Not difficult. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pib said:

For the last two years at CW I was required to provide an updated copy of my passbook showing at least Bt400K when picking up my final marriage extension stamp which gave 12 more months.  Each time I was told of this requirement by the immigration officer who provided the initial approval/under consideration stamp.  And on the day I went back to get the final approval stamp I did have to provide a copy of my update bank passbook.   

Update:  I did my marriage extension for this year today/28 Sep....my 3rd marriage extension at CW.  When the IO stamped the under-consideration stamp into my passport she just said return on X-date in mid Oct too get the final 12 month stamp but the IO "did not" say be sure to update/bring the bank passbook also to get that final stamp. 

Now, I didn't realize until approx 30 seconds after leaving the IO desk that the IO this year did not say to bring the passbook like IO's of previous years who said bring/update the passbook.   I didn't go back to ask the IO if I must bring/update my passbook "which I plan to do anyway."  When I go back in mid Oct to get the final 12 month stamp I will not offer my passbook unless they ask but I expect they will.

Edited by Pib

• 3 weeks later...

Update to my above post: And today/19 Oct I picked up my 12 month marriage extension stamp at CW at their L2 counter....only took 5 minutes...and they did "not" require me to show/provide a copy of my updated bank passbook like they required for my previous two marriage extension final 12 month stamps

Yea, today the L2 Counter was fast.  When I arrived around 9:30am the main queue counter gave me a low queue number of 7 for the L2 counter.  I walked to the L2 counter, gave them my passport, they said please sit down and wait, about 5 minutes later they called me back to sign the stamp issue/receipt form, and then I was handed my passport stamped with the 12 month extension.  In the two previous years I had to wait 1 to 1.5 hours for L2 to issue the 12 month stamp.  Good to go for another year.