Mattress

orientfan

24 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

I have a friend who paid 100K for his mattress and he was super satisfied with it.

Well, your response meets the Ops requirements that its ‘not 20,000 baht’ !!

IF the Op is on a budget he may consider and ‘topper’...  but if the mattress itself is super-soft the topper won’t help much, but it does take the edge of a hard / very firm mattress.

Size and how deep mattress is will affected the price

If you going down that natural latex mattress route it is possible to get a king size 6 inch mattress for under 10,000 baht if you shop around

How does a real latex mattress look? not to be deceived

But for the compressed rubber, it weighs about 2 times more than a real latex mattress

Should buy a latex mattress with a zippered mattress cover. so that it can be opened to check whether the mattress in it is a rubber mattress or not

https://www.cozylatex.com/post/ท-นอนยางพาราแท-ด-ย-งไง-ไม-ให-โดนหลอก

If mattress is real natural latex mattress (injected molded) it is possible to lift each corner of the mattress with one hand.

Largest single width of single piece of natural rubber is 6 inches if you require more they single join the pieces together

A 6 inch natural latex mattress should weight approx 60-70 kilos

There is a youtube video of a Thai buying a very firm normal mattress no zip so unable to see content fillings it was very firm because when opening it up it contain 10 bricks to increase the mattress weight

Its important on latex mattress to find out the density rating the higher the density the more firmness

Extra firm density rating is 110

firm is between 90-95

anything below 80 is considered soft

Some stores suggest if body weight is 300lbs or above extra firm  density is more suitable

Edited by vinny41
typo

I bought a good quality mattress with a new bed in January from In Bed on Sukhumvit close to the junction with soi Watbunkanchana. I have been more than satisfied with it. It is firm yet very comfortable. Price of mattress was 12,000 baht. They manufacture them locally themselves. The young man in the store was very helpful in helping me choose the right combination of springs and fabric.