One of the most powerful storms in US History !

Social Media

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And Governor DeSantis is asking the Federal government for emergency aid. This is the same guy who voted against emergency aid for the Northeast when Hurricane Sandy wreaked terrible damage there. As did 178 other Republicans in the House.. I hope Biden and other Democrats remind Floridians of this when they push for assisting Florida as most, if not all, surely will.

Not everything has to be political with the left and the right throwing pelters at each other . 

There has been a massive storm in Florida , the left and right bickering can be put to the side for a while 

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not everything has to be political with the left and the right throwing pelters at each other . 

There has been a massive storm in Florida , the left and right bickering can be put to the side for a while 

I don't think so.  Do you think it's insignificant that the Democrats will behave oppositely to the Republicans when their fellow citizens are in distress? I think the Republicans should be called to account for their vile actions. And before an election is a great time to do it. That will outline a huge difference between the 2 parties. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I don't think so.  Do you think it's insignificant that the Democrats will behave oppositely to the Republicans when their fellow citizens are in distress? I think the Republicans should be called to account for their vile actions. And before an election is a great time to do it. That will outline a huge difference between the 2 parties. 

Its been one of the worst ever storms in the USA and they may be substantial life lost .

Put your weapons down for a while , stop fighting and abide by the truce 

• Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its been one of the worst ever storms in the USA and they may be substantial life lost .

Put your weapons down for a while , stop fighting and abide by the truce 

Why? Aid will flow to the people who need it whether Democrats point out how vile the Republicans have been or not. This is what's called a teachable moment. Do you think the Republicans deserve some sort of amnesty for what they did? Or maybe you believe that they did nothing wrong at all?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Why? Aid will flow to the people who need it whether Democrats point out how vile the Republicans have been or not. This is what's called a teachable moment. Do you think the Republicans deserve some sort of amnesty for what they did? Or maybe you believe that they did nothing wrong at all?

I have no idea what they did and dont take much interest in USA Politics , so you are speaking to the wrong person , I am just here to see the effects of the storm and how its effected the people 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Please. You managed to contribute extensively to threads about American politic The fact is, what the Republicans did is morally indefensible and you've just go no way to defend it.

Considering there's been terrible storm with potentially  many people dying , I don't think that this thread is an appropriate place got the usual pelter throwing .

Someone may be along soon though to have a fight, who knows ?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's because many people have died and many are in distress that this is exactly the right time to raise the issue. There's a vote coming soon and it's important for voteers to know the kind of people they'll have to choose from. Those who turn their backs on their fellow Americans when they're down or those who turn towards them to help. As I noted before: a teachable moment. Prissiness about unpleasantess is just an excuse for not facing facts about the debased nature of the Republcan party.

I am  not from the USA though and I have never been there before and only got interested in Trump for the entertainment aspect and Biden and De whatever his name is don't interest me much

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am  not from the USA though and I have never been there before and only got interested in Trump for the entertainment aspect and Biden and De whatever his name is don't interest me much

I've read your posts. They're not about entertainment value. If that were the case, you wouldn't so clearly have picked a side.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

try to not be so insensitive.   6800 posts and you are not even talking about the most powerful storm in US history.  There are actual Americans interested, but clearly you have some sinister agenda.   Please grow up, it's very childish behavior.    shameful.  

2 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

try to not be so insensitive.   6800 posts and you are not even talking about the most powerful storm in US history.  There are actual Americans interested, but clearly you have some sinister agenda.   Please grow up, it's very childish behavior.    shameful.  

You missed my point , I have the same opinion as you 

On 9/30/2022 at 8:26 AM, placeholder said:

It's because many people have died and many are in distress that this is exactly the right time to raise the issue. There's a vote coming soon and it's important for voteers to know the kind of people they'll have to choose from. Those who turn their backs on their fellow Americans when they're down or those who turn towards them to help. As I noted before: a teachable moment. Prissiness about unpleasantess is just an excuse for not facing facts about the debased nature of the Republcan party.

I hope the democrats use this strategy for mid terms. It will clearly show the democrats for the vile, uncaring people they are.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I hope the democrats use this strategy for mid terms. It will clearly show the democrats for the vile, uncaring people they are.

Right. A big majority of Republicans voted against disaster aid for their fellow Americans and it's the Democrats who are uncaring? Get back to me after the vote and we'll see how uncaring the Democrats are 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1