Shopping In Pattaya

longball53098

I have lived here for some time now,,,,,,,,,,about 2 years,,,,,,,,,,,and I brought enough clothing to suit my needs for most of that time but now I'm down on a few things and I have discovered I cannot find items in the typical western sizes,,,,,,,,,,,,,you know what I mean ,,,,,,,,,the over-weight sizes.

I am a 60 something American male and I found it frustrating when looking for almost any clothing article that I cannot find my sizes and I have to accept something tight or short or whatever.

I do not consider myself overly large but here in Pattaya I am having no luck finding my sizes,,,,,,,,,,,,

Waist about 42 inches by 31 inseam

Undershorts 42

Shoes 11 and a half wide

Shirts western large size to XL

Does anyone know of a store here in Pattaya or even BKK or that matter that caters more to the Farang in the larger sizes?

I am having no luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it kind of defies the logic that most clothing for the western world is made in this area and the stores will not stock anything for the huge tourist trade,,,,,,,,,,,

Maybe I should start a business selling western size clothing only,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is there a market?

Any help out there on my clothing?

Thanks

:D:o

Try the XL shop at the Outlet Mall at Thepprasit and Sukhumwit. They will have some 42 inch trousers and also plenty of large shirts.

Also, there are large clothes shops on one of the top floors of MBK Bangkok, but not very fashionable.

XL also has a shop at the Silom Complex Mall on Silom and the Mall at Bangkapi, Bangkok.

Try the XL shop at the Outlet Mall at Thepprasit and Sukhumwit. They will have some 42 inch trousers and also plenty of large shirts.

Also, there are large clothes shops on one of the top floors of MBK Bangkok, but not very fashionable.

XL also has a shop at the Silom Complex Mall on Silom and the Mall at Bangkapi, Bangkok.

:o

Hey thanks for the input,,,,,,,,,,,I will check it out soon

:o

Hey thanks for the input,,,,,,,,,,,I will check it out soon

Also the Export Shop on the 2nd level of the Big C off 2nd Road.

Made in Thailand, 2nd Road, if ya can't find what you want in there i would be suprised. Cheap as chips too!

Cheap as chips because of the quality.

The export shop in the Big C are branded goods made in Thailand for the export market.

Alot of the stock in the Export Shops is defective. Sized wrong, factory rejects, that sort of thing. I am sure about this because I have been shopping there for years. You can still find nice stuff there, but examine each item carefully and try it on if you can. Given that they carry so many factory rejects, you can't exactly call them a bargain either and they aren't exactly upfront about the nature of their business. The items that don't get rejected are actually exported.

Edited by Jingthing

with those stats ... you should be looking for shirts in XXL or bigger only here .....

Frankly for slacks/trousers you'll do well having them made.

Shop around is the key .... XL and Import shops all over BKK!

Try the Pratunam area in BKK too!

shopping in pattaya for us motley lot is the worst place ive ever found anywhere in the world.

im under thirty and although no beckham, i like me clothes, always have done. there is not one single shop in pattaya that deals in top quality fashion.

good material, good designs etc.

lacoste is about it. and i dont really wanna walk round looking like a hooligan, neither do i wanna look 20 years older wearing shirts and trousers.

if you want real class go down beach road and buy a "good guys go to heaven...." <deleted>

some shops in big c and royal garden are ok. but try and fit into them if your 6' 4". no chance.

rant over