Lazada/Samsung fiasco

Bought phone from Samsung shop on lazada, M32, faulty freezing and not responding so sent it back. They rang and nobody at Samsung could speak English have to get the mrs involved who gets upset, lot of misunderstandings in the end they want pin for phone so they can check it. Then they want the password to the  gmail email address on it (thought I had deleted it) say without that they cannot test the phone. Wont give it them so they are sending it back. Mrs wont have any more to do with it, how to dispute Samsung sending it back? They claimed they sent an email for an OTP, whatever that is but nothing showed up. Did get an email no reply  sort, but all in Thai click on blue link then nothing. I cannot see how checking the phone has anything to do with a Gmail email address on it

Assuming they send it "signed for" by courier etc, refuse delivery it will go back to them and tell them to do a factory reset ! Simple, then they can test all they want.

Fail to see how this is a Lazada issue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Assuming they send it "signed for" by courier etc, refuse delivery it will go back to them and tell them to do a factory reset ! Simple, then they can test all they want.

Fail to see how this is a Lazada issue.

But you can raise a dispute with Lazada, so has something to do with them. 

1 minute ago, proton said:

But you can raise a dispute with Lazada, so has something to do with them. 

Yes, and you did buy through them, but Lazada will simply refer to the seller.

You havnt reached that point yet, the title infers a Lazada issue, which there is not.(yet)

• Like 1

As above somebody needs to do a factory reset, if it's not already on the way back call Samsung and tell them to do that.

It will allow them to do whatever "tests" they intend doing without compromising your personal data.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

As above somebody needs to do a factory reset, if it's not already on the way back call Samsung and tell them to do that.

It will allow them to do whatever "tests" they intend doing without compromising your personal data.

Well they wont answer the phone now and apparently nobody speaks English anyway. In the meantime sent an email to them and the CEO. If it comes back will return as suggested. Pretty poor service for a company like Samsung. I get the impression with consumer problems a lot of Thais give up at the first hurdle.

• Like 1

If I wanted a Samsung phone I would go to the Samsung shop in my local mall. Then if anything goes awry then they can fix it.

If I wanted something a bit more obscure like Oukitel I would buy on AliExpress direct from Oukitel and take my chances.

Edited by VocalNeal

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If I wanted a Samsung phone I would go to the Samsung shop in my local mall. Then if anything goes awry then they can fix it.

If I wanted something a bit more obscure like Oukitel I would buy on AliExpress direct from Oukitel and take my chances.

It is from Samsung, but I know what you mean, bought a few phones off lazada no problem, until there is. Went into a shop yesterday and bought one, not Samsung though, never again from them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They should do a factory reset, then no need for passwords and emails

They called again claimed they cannot do a factory re set even thought they have the pin number, insist on sending email with links which lead no where. Then again we just went to 7/11 and asked for white wine, despite the wines being all behind them on the shelves it was an ask too far. Education has a lot to answer for here, Mrs was asking for the wine, ended up with red! No more Samsung for me.

1 hour ago, proton said:

They called again claimed they cannot do a factory re set even thought they have the pin number, insist on sending email with links which lead no where. Then again we just went to 7/11 and asked for white wine, despite the wines being all behind them on the shelves it was an ask too far. Education has a lot to answer for here, Mrs was asking for the wine, ended up with red! No more Samsung for me.

They can do a factory reset, but data on the phone will be lost, maybe that's what they mean

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

They can do a factory reset, but data on the phone will be lost, maybe that's what they mean

No data on the phone I took it all off, just did not do the re set. Like talking to a brick wall. Insisted they cannot do it even with the pin. I think the 4 year old next door could do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

About factory reset: I agree, that is the best way to do this.

But I am also sure many people have many accounts on their phones and they don't remember all those passwords and they have no backup.

If Samsung would just factory reset each phone which they receive I am sure lots of people would go crazy. Like: My life is ruined, you deleted all my life...

For that reason it is probably a good idea to factory reset it yourself - if that is possible.

Or give them in writing that they should factory reset it.

Many Thais who work with technology know enough English to be able to read and understand something like "factory reset", even if they don't speak much English.

• Like 1