Permanent residence in thailand

To qualify for permanent residency you must be a working here with a work permit and paying taxes for 3 years to apply. The minimum salary is 80k baht to apply for it.

Info can be found here on the immigration website here: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1744

Information can also be found in this long ongoing topic. Camerata's Guide to Permanent Residence

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

To qualify for permanent residency you must be a working here with a work permit and paying taxes for 3 years to apply. The minimum salary is 80k baht to apply for it.

Info can be found here on the immigration website here: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1744

Information can also be found in this long ongoing topic. Camerata's Guide to Permanent Residence

and if have wife and baby ? cannot ? 

17 minutes ago, Sergey Black said:

and if have wife and baby ? cannot ? 

You can, but having worked for a certain amount of time in Thailand is still a requirement, afaik the salary requirement is lower though, and you can directly apply for citizenship instead of permanent residency.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for PR if married and have a family.

If married to a Thai you can apply for Thai nationality without getting PR first.

"Thai nationality" more hard, how i can understand or no ?

"You can apply for PR if married and have a family."

So, i can do it ? and what steps, docs in this case i need ? 

17 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

You can, but having worked for a certain amount of time in Thailand is still a requirement, afaik the salary requirement is lower though, and you can directly apply for citizenship instead of permanent residency.

and if i not working ? and i need take care of baby 

but my wife have business and she tax payer

8 minutes ago, Sergey Black said:

"Thai nationality" more hard, how i can understand or no ?

"You can apply for PR if married and have a family."

So, i can do it ? and what steps, docs in this case i need ? 

Not that hard to get Thai nationality.

See the last few pages of this long ongoing topic. dbrenn's story of Thai citizenship application

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Not that hard to get Thai nationality.

See the last few pages of this long ongoing topic. dbrenn's story of Thai citizenship application

i read it, when he post it ) 

i dont have tax payer history on my self, i will work on it, but its will took too much time

so, i think, i maybe first will get PR

and still i not understand, do i need have a job (tax payer history) for PR ? 

4 minutes ago, Sergey Black said:

even, if my wife have buisness ? and she pay taxes, but i for example, need take care of baby? 

You have to be working with a Thai work permit and paying taxes for at least 3 years.

Certified copy of PND 91 and many company documents are required.

2 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

It used to be very difficult to get PR in Thailand. In my 32 years in Thailand I never met one person who had PR. What is the situation today ? 

look like not easy yes 

even if i ready to pay these fees, still need tax history

5. Fees 5.1 A non-refundable fee for each application is 7,600 baht. (whether permission is granted or not. Application fee is not refund able.) 5.2 If the application is approved, the fee for the residence permit is 191,400 baht. However, the residence permit fee for spouses and children (under 20 years of age) of aliens who already had the residence permit or Thai citizens is 95,700 baht.

On 10/3/2022 at 12:38 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for PR if married and have a family.

If married to a Thai you can apply for Thai nationality without getting PR first.

Correct me if I am wrong but this straight step to Thai nationality was only possible for a non-Thai wife married to a Thai man; to the best of my limited knowledge non-Thai men married to a Thai wife needed to be come a PR first. After five years of PR status an application for Thai nationality then could be filed ???? 

3 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Correct me if I am wrong but this straight step to Thai nationality was only possible for a non-Thai wife married to a Thai man; to the best of my limited knowledge non-Thai men married to a Thai wife needed to be come a PR first. After five years of PR status an application for Thai nationality then could be filed ???? 

The nationality act was amended in 2008 to allow foreign husbands to apply for Thai nationality without having PR first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1