Buy mobile sim Aus for Thai phone calls

bluejets

Coming over next month and time between arrival at Suvarnabhumi and our departure on a domestic flight is rather short.

Won't have time to "go shopping" for a sim card and wondered if anyone knows where I can get one here in Aus before I leave.

Saw a couple when I Googled the subject but just get flooded with offers of mostly "data offers like 30 gig for 15 days" but with <deleted> all, if any, credit for phone calls.

15 baht was the best I saw.

Family are on AIS mainly but any of the main one would be ok.

Edited by bluejets

You wont be able to get a Thai sim in Australia.

Why the need to buy beforehand ? Get to your destination and go to the local mall or 7/11 and get one.

If you do have a need for internet and calls on arrival (and there is no wifi), just use an oz sim on roaming, they all sell addon roaming data/call packages, $10 a day or similar.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thanks 1

Never ceases to amaze me how some cannot read and understand written English.

I did say ..............

2 hours ago, bluejets said:

time between arrival at Suvarnabhumi and our departure on a domestic flight is rather short.

Won't have time to "go shopping" for a sim card

I am already aware one CAN purchase a sim in Aus for Thailand BUT they are largely only loaded with data access, very few with phone credit and those that are, only a few baht which is essentially useless.

10 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Never ceases to amaze me how some plan their flights so tight together that the simple chore of buying a sim card (which would take a few mins at most) is not possible.

That's probably because you have no info on the situation.

Fact is, everything was fine, bookings done, plenty of time.

Then Thai Airways decide to shift the flight times for the flight which leaves no options open.

If not enough, then the connecting flight did the same.

Managed to find a solution by contacting wife's brother who will buy a couple of sims and send them over donkey express to Aus, maybe 10 days.

Plug in, activate. Call wife's brother to add some credit, done.

Edited by bluejets