Staffed DHL office in Bangkok

edwardandtubs

I've often used the DHL offices in Interchange21 in Asoke (un the arcade) , and in Emquartier (adjacent to the cinema) and they've always been staffed who incidentally generally seem to be efficient in sorting out my parcels. In addition to giving them the address, and paying the money you will also be required to show ID (passport, pink card or Thai DL), after which you can then leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have used the DHL office at Nana BTS. The guy there spoke English very well and was very helpful. 
I showed him my passport.  He did everything including fill out the paperwork.  Very easy 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 10:01 AM, mark5335 said:

I've often used the DHL offices in Interchange21 in Asoke (un the arcade) , and in Emquartier (adjacent to the cinema) and they've always been staffed who incidentally generally seem to be efficient in sorting out my parcels. In addition to giving them the address, and paying the money you will also be required to show ID (passport, pink card or Thai DL), after which you can then leave.

Good tip. The one in Emquartier was hard to find - need to go to "the C building" fourth floor and it's a kiosk hidden away in a corner - but efficient. Just a bit more expensive than I thought it would be at 1390 to send a document to the UK.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2022 at 3:23 PM, swm59nj said:

I have used the DHL office at Nana BTS. The guy there spoke English very well and was very helpful. 
I showed him my passport.  He did everything including fill out the paperwork.  Very easy 

I wish I'd gone to this one instead of wasting half an hour trying to find the one in Emquartier.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 2:36 PM, edwardandtubs said:

Good tip. The one in Emquartier was hard to find - need to go to "the C building" fourth floor and it's a kiosk hidden away in a corner - but efficient. Just a bit more expensive than I thought it would be at 1390 to send a document to the UK.

Price was correct. In 2014 I sent a couple of A4 sheets from Manchester U.K. to Asuncion, Paraguay. Took them into the depot on a Friday afternoon and the envelope was signed for early Monday morning. 

On 10/4/2022 at 10:01 AM, mark5335 said:

you will also be required to show ID (passport, pink card or Thai DL)

I was flat out refused my pink ID card at DHL Emporium - only passport copy allowed when trying to mail a letter. I was also quoted a price just to send a letter of nearly 2700THB or 3 times what was quoted online DHL site. I asked the staff about the large mark up when she had time to get off the phone and she tersely recommended I just do it online and wasn't budging on the price. I went back home did the online shipment and a polite DHL driver turned up a few hours later as scheduled for just over  900THB all in and never asked to look at ID or letter contents. I will likely never set foot in a DHL office again.

BTW, DHL places on Google Maps today no longer exist. I tried two in space of 10 minutes around Asoke area that are no loner there.

Can anyone explain logic behind huge price difference between DHL online and going in person?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2022 at 2:31 PM, Digitalbanana said:

Can anyone explain logic behind huge price difference between DHL online and going in person?

My take is they don't want you in their DHL offices. Maybe a result of WFH during the pandemic? I used DHL Express from home this week, it works great.