Penang Now Offering 1yr Multiple Entry Non O

Hey

Does anoybody know about the non immigrant O study visa for Muay Thai, is it possible to get this one in Penang now? does it fall under the same category? i can apply for it in Bangkok but they only give me 3 months so if i can get a year then better to go to Penang.

Anybody applied for this in Asia?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course:

(But I have to say torrenova that I know of NO Penang agents that actually have real websites, that's pretty out there, you know of any?)

Parvez Book Store

Mr. Mohamed Anwar

419 Chulia St. 10200 Penang, Malaysia

PM me for phone and email addresses.

One year multiple entry non O in Penang, Malaysia. Available now. Yes, it's real.

Or, hey, better yet. If you still don't believe, CALL THE EMBASSY! +6042268029

The approximated 20% price increases have been common knowledge for over a month, ie. this link:

Bangkok Recorder: Thai Visa Prices Hiked

More info when I get back.

:o

can I send him my passport without visiting Penang?

All the advice I see on the web about doing this agrees: it's highly illegal - don't do it.

Yes, I agree with you... Again it's illegal - don't do it.

Due to circumstance and temptation :

should I - jack golf = 2000 baht

or

illegal visa agent = 1000 baht (of whom, by the way, was always genuine and professional , stamps showing as correct on immigrations own computers, etc.)

hmm seems like a winner; except, visa agent arrested in Hatyai with my, and many other peoples, passport (spelling of Hatyai suspect here,, sorry)

So:

Overstay: Cost - 28,000 baht,, by the time I gave up waiting.

Passport revoked by country of origin (not giving anything away here :o Cost - FREE

Replacement passport: Cost - 7000 baht.

7 days to leave the country: Cost - 1900 baht

visa run, for 30 day on entry stamp: Cost - 2000 baht (Jack Golf, gotta love 'em)

Actually being immediately allowed back into Thailand - See below.

Several dozen changes of underpants per day for nearly 3 months, Priceless!

total cost = 38,900 baht not including personal distress.

I have a wife and children. My wife and my children are Thai citizens. I know what a lot of you expats are thinking. Well you don't need to say it. I know. STUUUUPID.

DO NOT send your passport out of the country unless you accompany it! If you are married to a Thai and/or have Thai children immigration has made quite a few changes that make it so much easier to get the correct visa, unlike when I made my mistake (yeh, yeh, no excuse, I know now).

I have the overstay stamp, including how much it cost, if you want to see it. I dont have the figures on what I thought it had cost me though (hard to quantify the 'value' of ones family) or the years taken off my life with the worry. Never again, and to you who are thinking of it - DON'T!

Regards

Happy and living with my precious (<-- this word does not seem to convey the full extent of my feelings) family in Thailand, with proper visas, David.

Edited by BaDboD

Penang, Malaysia: Non immigrant 'O' 1 year Multiple Entry = Success!

Absolutely no extra work involved whatsover, just a little more money required. (Your Thai bank book has to show a bit of something)

Travel: Fly Nok Air; Phuket - Hat Yai RT = 2100Baht; Minibus: Hat Yai - Penang RT = 500Baht (Firefly Air direct nonstop Phuket - Penang RT = 4,830 Baht)

Accomodations: Hong Ping Hotel 2 nights = 1380Baht (I stayed in Hat Yai a couple of extra days just for fun; Sakura Grandview 890Baht/night)

Food: Indonesian Ristaffel set = 150 Baht, Hainan Chicken Rice = 50 Baht, Tandoori chicken = 55 Baht, Biryani 50 Baht, Khoo Clan Dim Sum set 80 Baht! Malay "Kopi white" (coffee w/sweet milk) 10 Baht!

Visa complete: Non 'O' M 1yr: 5,500 Baht (+ agent fee 200Baht)...

The freedom and peace of mind this visa provides every single day? : PRICELESS!

Parvez Bookstore, Chulia St. Penang, does it again!

Absolutely no extra work involved whatsover, just a little more money required. (Your Thai bank book has to show a bit of something)

Travel: Fly Nok Air; Phuket - Hat Yai RT = 2100Baht; Minibus: Hat Yai - Penang RT = 500Baht (Firefly Air direct nonstop Phuket - Penang RT = 4,830 Baht)

Accomodations: Hong Ping Hotel 2 nights = 1380Baht (I stayed in Hat Yai a couple of extra days just for fun; Sakura Grandview 890Baht/night)

Food: Indonesian Ristaffel set = 150 Baht, Hainan Chicken Rice = 50 Baht, Tandoori chicken = 55 Baht, Biryani 50 Baht, Khoo Clan Dim Sum set 80 Baht! Malay "Kopi white" (coffee w/sweet milk) 10 Baht!

Thanks for your report jchen. Nice work. I am going to Penang for the non O Multiple next week. Parvez book store have a phone number? And where is that dim sum?

All the advice I see on the web about doing this agrees: it's highly illegal - don't do it.

Yes, I agree with you... Again it's illegal - don't do it.

Good advice. I cant understand that people are still looking to circumvent already simple proceedures.

And, once it's (the stamp) in, its never coming out and they can nail you at anytime.

Last blitz was about 3 years ago.

Remember how we had to line up and photo copy our entire passports everytime we came back into Thailand? Remember how they looked at every single stamp and matched it up to its partners? These people who send their passports out for a visa, don't have exit and entry stamps so will be picked up at a later date.

I've met a few folks who have sent their passports back west for year visas. They are now totally at the mercy of Thai Immigration not haveing a good look at their passports for the coming years.

They can check, double check and come and investigate at anytime. Just coz it looks easy now, doesn't mean they will not get you later.

Remember also, these goons who do the visa runs keep a list of customers so they can provide you with this service again later. They also squeal like stuck pigs when they get caught! "big bad falangs made me do it, honest guv"....

Plenty of good advice on TV, its a pity there are still so many jerks out there who think they have found a way round it all..... YOU HAV'NT

When you say " just a little more money required. (Your Thai bank book has to show a bit of something)"

What, exactly do you mean.......in figures?

Penkoprod

Penkoprod:

500 Baht increase in Penang.

The only thing the agent said about the bank book statement is: "Bring a copy of your bankbook." I tried to nail down my extremely dutifull agent on the exact amounts (that the consulate might looking for,) but his reply consisted of "they told us to bring a copy of the applicant's bank book." So, I'm very sorry I can't be more specific. There is no '3 month advance deposit' required in Penang. My guess is the amount in the bank is not as important as showing that you are taking care of your wife and/or your baby responsibly. Therefore, by providing a copy of your bank statment showing that you have some responsible amount of funds in a Thai bank, you are thereby justifying your 1yr non O multiple.

I do not want to hazard a guess of what amounts are required, as of course I could very well be far off the mark.

My thing here is that this Penang process is delightfully old school, and I no longer have to deal with the %# extension process.

Read this again very carefully Penkoprod, then read between the lines, you'll get it. Yes it is just that easy. If you still do not understand, please PM me.

Have a good trip!

I hope the visa fees go up and up therefore pricing you visa runners out.

Was mentioned on Thai TV news today that the whole visa system is going to come under serious review, mainly because there are a substantial amount of foreigners in Thailand working illegally, racketeers and losers with nowhere else to go.

Hopefully it’s going to be crunch time for these undesirables.

I think LOS could do with stopping tinkering with visas, end this stupidity of giving Cambodia USD20 or Bt1000 for a 5 minute visit and make it so much easier for people who want to make business here able to do so without onerous legal and financial penalties. I think that if you scratched the surface, you'd find that many of those "racketeers and losers with nowhere else to go" are actually trapped by an inflexible system with constantly changing goalposts and would welcome the chance to put themselves on a 100% legal footing.

Was mentioned on Thai TV news today that the whole visa system is going to come under serious review, mainly because there are a substantial amount of foreigners in Thailand working illegally, racketeers and losers with nowhere else to go.

Hopefully it's going to be crunch time for these undesirables.

Ridiculous flame bait.

Make the yearly visa 100,000 Baht, use the money to materialise a real education system in Thailand, then utilise the 'new' knowledge to stop xenophobia. The long term vistors from Hong Kong, such as I, have been studying the Thai idea of 'anti-anyone but Thai' now since 1999. Distortedlink, you are at once correct, but unfortunately far off the mark.

The world is losing patience with Thailand. It is not a democracy, it is a military dictatorship, ie. Myanmar. The "substantial amount of foreigners in Thailand working illegally, racketeers and losers with nowhere else to go" is by and large junta fiction. Make the 1 year visa 100,000 Baht, or even 200,000 Baht, then what will the Thai excuse be?

We are only adhering to Thailand rules. These rules are not made by us, they are made by Thais. Consider that carefully distortedlink.

JR Texas: I am always amazed at how easy it is to teach people what they need to know in order to exploit themselves......just feed the BS and tell them it taste good and many will actually eat it and love it!

Why do people like you bother to read this forum? Haven't you got anything better to do?

I would have thought that only people with visa concerns would be here.

Edited by tropo

• 3 months later...

Hi

Interesting. Did you get your one year non O?

This year, I obtained a 3 months non O visa by way of Parvez Book Store in Chulia St with no proof of income and since then I have had a tourist visa (doing my first 30 day visa run this month).

I do have all the necessary paperwork, i.e. marriage cert (Thai and English) wife's ID card and her house papers but unfortunately, if that is the word) do not have proof of income.

Would you suggest therefore, that I apply again for a 3 months visa or go for the 12 months?

can I send him my passport without visiting Penang?

You can send your passport, if you are in Malaysia at the time. :o

Without an entry stamp to Malaysia the consulate will NOT issue the visa.

They do check.

Anyone done this lately? I'm looking to go soon.

when people say o visa it can be confusing if they mean for marraige or for retirement

when i saw multi entry o i wondered which one that it's for

is there such a thing for retirement?

for what its worth and what i know

it is/was very easy to get a marrige o in penang good for at least one year

i met guys who needed as little as a marraige certificate to thai and the wifes id card

thats it!!!!

bear in mind that was a few months ago

and results may vary :o

Just got back last night from Penang....got my single non-o visa with my marriage certificate, wife Id only............another guy from the UK had also the same as me + 400K in the bankbook to show but even he was refused a multiple non-o, confusing ????

Looks like the situation is changed now again then a while ago.......

Be warned !!!! :o:D

As I answered you on the other thread - not such change can be assumed yet. Your application was newly married and perhaps his was also - in those cases it has been common to only issue single entry the first time with the hope/expectation you will extend using the 40k income method.

As I answered you on the other thread - not such change can be assumed yet. Your application was newly married and perhaps his was also - in those cases it has been common to only issue single entry the first time with the hope/expectation you will extend using the 40k income method.

Lopburi,

The UK guy is been married for 6 years, it is not his first time...... :o

Regards,

Scottbiker

And he has been going to Penang and obtaining what in the past?

Edit: Can you estimate his/your ages?

Sure,

We are both in our 30's............he has been coming here for several years and always got a Multiple Non-O........untill yesterday :o

For me im happy with my single O, i didn't bring my bankbook with me, i knew it was difficult and probably only get a single O, but if i didn't got it when i would bring my bankbook i would be dissappointed yes.....

Anyway, another story that proves that embassy and consulates work with different measures everywhere............ :D

Scottbiker

He must have been one of the last multi issued last year as they stopped giving any for a long time. Both your ages are probably working against you as it is expected you should be employed and able to meet the 40k income extension (you don't look old and decrepit like those of us over 50) - but only time will tell if perhaps they are going dry on multi issue again.