Collect call to Canada

OzMan

3 hours ago, OzMan said:

I just downloaded Skype. It seems to me that to call someone using Skype, they also need to use Skype. Since it is my bank branch  am phoning, I doubt they use Skype.

I doubt your bank would accept an overseas collect call. Calls made Skype to Skype accounts are free. But, you need Skype credits or a paid subscription to call other landline or mobile numbers. I pay $2.99 a month for unlimited minutes for calls to the US. 

18 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

You will need to use a service that you can make a direct call.  A bank is not going to accept collect calls.  As most other businesses 

My banks offer a special number for collect calls and it works.  Been doing it for decades.  It is mostly for people who can not access 800 toll free.

5 hours ago, OzMan said:

I just downloaded Skype. It seems to me that to call someone using Skype, they also need to use Skype. Since it is my bank branch  am phoning, I doubt they use Skype.

Forget the collect call dial 009 to get out of Thailand and the number overseas. 

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just use Skype app from your smartphone 

Or, is the person in Canda tech savvy? Ask them to download LINE, they talk using line. If both prties have LINE you cal talk/video chat any place in the world to any place in the world for frre, every day if you want. It works, I've use LINE hundreds of times to talk/video chat across Thailand and Australia/ Germany and many more countries. All free.

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Or, is the person in Canda tech savvy? Ask them to download LINE, they talk using line. If both prties have LINE you cal talk/video chat any place in the world to any place in the world for frre, every day if you want. It works, I've use LINE hundreds of times to talk/video chat across Thailand and Australia/ Germany and many more countries. All free.

MSN messenger works the same.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

MSN messenger works the same.

Lol it did until it was discontinued in 2014.

anyway I don't imagine that the OP's bank would be willing to set up an account on any platform just to hear from him.

On 10/4/2022 at 10:51 AM, OzMan said:

Skype routes the cal over the internet to the nearest local land line provider and you only pay for the local call, extremely cheap. Cents, not dollars, if anything at all....

2 hours ago, paulbrow said:

Skype routes the cal over the internet to the nearest local land line provider and you only pay for the local call, extremely cheap. Cents, not dollars, if anything at all....

All Skype to non Skype calls cost, absolutely correct that they are inexpensive, calling a U.K. landline or USA one is less than $2 per hour.

If you regularly call specific countries there are subscriptions for a few dollars that mean there are no extra costs.