Pasak River expected to overflow into four central provinces of Thailand

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-2022-10-04T130252.569.png

People living in four provinces along the Chao Phraya and Pasak rivers have been advised to prepare for overflows due to rising water levels, following an increase in the rate of water being discharged through the Pasak Dam until Monday, according to the National Water Command Centre.

Only some districts of the four central provinces will be affected by the increased discharge. They are Muang, Tha Rua and Bang Sai districts in Ayutthaya, Muang and Manorom districts in Chai Nat, Muang district in Uthai Thani and Phatthana Nikhom district in Lop Buri province.

The National Water Command Centre explained that the increased discharge of water from Pasak Jolasid reservoir, by the Royal Irrigation Department, is necessary to ensure the stability of the dam, after both the Meteorological Department and the Institute of Water Resources Information Institute predicted that there will be about 400m3/sec s of water runoffs flowing into the reservoir over the next 5-6 days.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pasak-river-expected-to-overflow-into-four-central-provinces-of-thailand/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-10-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

I think this is what our Puyai Baan was on about over the speakers this afternoon, it's certainly spurred some action around the village here in northern BKK.

So far in my area we've had some good showers but very little or no flooding.

However a large reservoir near my home has dropped the level of water by about 10ft

the lowest I've ever seen it in 14 years.

I wonder if they're getting ready for some serious rain or run-off from somewhere.

• Like 1