IBS

Confuscious

4 years ago, while on a medical trip to my home country, I was diagnosed with the IBS syndrome.

Unfortunatly, I left my home country soon after the initial diagnosis, and got no further research on this.

I would like to know if someone else suffers from IBS (NOT BEAR BELLY) and what medication they have to take.

TIA (also to the obvious trolls)

10 minutes ago, proton said:

Yes crippling pain at times party due to twisted colon. Chronic constipation what ever I eat or drink.

Yes, sounds like me.
Crippling pain at times, Chronic constipation whatever I eat or drink, etc.
On top of that, I feel constantly like a balloon that will explode any moment.

Does the "Nuii fiberly prune" helps to attenuate the symptoms?
Do you get them on prescription or buy them over the counter somewhere?

38 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Yes, sounds like me.

Its for constipation, physillium husk but with other things in it. Can buy at watsons or on Lazada works really well

Edited by proton

I was prescribed Irribow 5 mg  https://www.mimaki-family-japan.com/item/detail?item_prefix=TF&item_code=002050&item_branch=001.   IBS - D. i can also use Mebeverine 135 mg.  the cost is 1900 for 27 tablets of Irribow from fascino pharmacy but they have to order the Irribow the Mebeverine was 700 baht or 800 Baht for a box of 10 x 10.  I will stop the Irribow when they are finished as they are expensive and see what happens. 

Physillium husks works for both IBS-D or C.  Change your diet when you find one thing that makes it worse write it down a low Fodmap Diet is also good.  I was also prescribed Antidepressants at a low does for 1 month then I just used the Irribow.   I also went for a colonoscopy to check all was well inside the colon and it was just 2 small polyps removed benign so all well.  

I had no IBS symptoms until I got Covid from my family in Feb this year one month later so I blame that. 

I don't get to much stomach pains or bloating just Diarrhea a few times a day but with the husks its not bad.  A lot better than it was in March to May it was very bad at night as well as day now only mornings. 

Hope this is of some help.

Regards 

Scotsman        

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2022 at 5:18 AM, Confuscious said:

Yes, sounds like me.

Be careful with fibre!  Conventional wisdom is that if you have constipation then you need to eat more fibre but this is not always the best advice. A messed up gut might mean you really struggle to digest fibre and reducing fibre, especially those that ferment in the gut, might be needed until your gut has healed. I had to avoid garlic and onions for a period and even now, I can only eat relatively small amounts.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1