600w Grow Lights

tomster

Just seen these and wanted to share:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/lucius-lighting-600w-grow-light-kit-600w-hps-bulb-i4162996239.html

Can be used with metal halide lamps also:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/philips-master-hpi-t-250w400w-e40-4500k-metal-halide-i1624444663-s4465326986.html

At about 4k THB inc the halide that offers a really well priced start up alternative to LED's.

Disclaimer - I haven't bought and used this grow light yet so I would pay cash on delivery if you order it, but as it's the first time that I've seen the a complete grow light sold with ballast, lamp and reflector I wanted to share it (normally you have to buy everything separately and the reflector was very hard to get).

Hope that helps some peeps.

you will need also cool tube in Thailand with this lights and even I dubt it's enough to cool down yor tent,  but in my opinion are the best for strong thc buds, since I did swap to use LED's I did not obtained the maximum from my plants.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

These are hot lights.

You'll need to air-con the room if you use them.

The vast majority of people growing under lights indoors in Thailand are using aircon - the ambient temperature here is hot not to if you want to grow premium weed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, indyo said:

you will need also cool tube in Thailand with this lights and even I dubt it's enough to cool down yor tent,  but in my opinion are the best for strong thc buds, since I did swap to use LED's I did not obtained the maximum from my plants.

These do not need to be used with a cool tube - aircon is fine and readily available.

would also never advise to use this with cooltubes.. (nightmare with low results.. bad invention which does not belong in the canna business)

adjust a-wings cap would even be greater for more light-spread.

and i would prefer osram 600 watt instead of philips

As said above, most people here use indoor "small" tents indeed in already airconed rooms.

so yes i would say interesting for those...never used or had Lucius so for the ballast itself i cant speak but if its comparable with Lumatek i would really put a 600 watt in a small tent.. and compare the results for fun...

as for the lazada seller no ratings or reviews.. yeah 100% cash on delivery... otherwise byebye

picture below (adjust a-wing with a lumatek ballast)  

image.thumb.png.7ab7e761f5d9993808bac3b98e4569e3.png 

• Like 1

I would not recommend metal halide or HPS lights for any home-growers here. These are hot, inefficient and neither have full spectrum.

Yes, we used metal halide lights back in the 80's and 90's, because that's all we had.

Most people should be using LED lights. Very efficient and these run cool. You can get one single LED light (mostly 3000 or 3500K, with some extra far red for bloom) with nearly full spectrum.

Of the hundreds of local indoor grows I've seen documented, 95% use LED.

I'm surprised anyone is actually recommending such a thing in this age, unless possibly providing nightime lighting for a street or parking garage?

I can't see how you could grow decent cannabis here indoors without using AC, and humidity control, with or without these old generation lights?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

I would not recommend metal halide or HPS lights for any home-growers here. These are hot, inefficient and neither have full spectrum.

Yes, we used metal halide lights back in the 80's and 90's, because that's all we had.

Most people should be using LED lights. Very efficient and these run cool. You can get one single LED light (mostly 3000 or 3500K, with some extra far red for bloom) with nearly full spectrum.

Of the hundreds of local indoor grows I've seen documented, 95% use LED.

I'm surprised anyone is actually recommending such a thing in this age, unless possibly providing nightime lighting for a street or parking garage?

I can't see how you could grow decent cannabis here indoors without using AC, and humidity control, with or without these old generation lights?

HID lights work just fine here in rooms that have aircon. LED bar style lights and some quantum boards are more efficient but are always more expensive than HID.

I am not saying that HID are better than LED  - it is now well established that LED's are more efficient and grow great weed.

However, they are the single most expensive part of an indoor grow setup and you do not need them to grow yourself some nice weed - millions of people have done so with HID and they will continue to be relevant for years to come.

An almost perfect analogy for this is that just like electric cars are regarded as being the future of cars, you can't say that gas/petrol powered cars do not get the job done.

The cheapest LED light that can replace a 600W HID is something like this:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/mars-hydro-led-marshydro-mars-tsw3000-led-full-spectrum-hydroponic-led-grow-light-bar-ts3000-450w-tsw-3000-i2024696569-s6536894876.html

Price is around 13k normally. The link I posted is 4k with HPS and Metal Halide lamps.

If you are looking to get started for as cheap as possible (in an aircon environment) then a simple 600W HID system is fine and in many cases easier to use and just as productive as LED - the final quality of weed may also be better than LED.

You absolutely do not need to spend 13k on an LED light to grow great weed - the 4k HID light above is fine to get you started.

Edited by tomster
  • Like 1

You can also get good results from the sun, it's cheap and over time has proven reliable. For those who have to use them lights are fine, but good buds can be harvested outdoors here if you have the right strains. This would be the cheapest and easiest way to get started.

• Like 1