Will Uk Credit Card Co's Send New Cards To A Thailand Address

I can no longer have statements and more importantly have new credit cards sent to my UK address.

Anybody have any personal experience of whether Barclaycard or Egg will be happy to send these to my address in Thailand or will they insist on a UK address?

Any personal knowledge on this would be appreciated.

Same for me. Over ten years ago the only way I could get replacement Amex and Master cards was via a UK mailing address and then I insisted on DHL to my business address in Thailand.

I can forsee a time where such cards are only issued by the companys on personal application with photographic ID. Doomsayer? Maybe but you need two forms of ID, one with address, just to open a lousy bank account these days.

I have an HSBC UK credit card and an HSBC debit card sent to Thailand along with my cards from Halifax.

To activate them, I have to phone up and give all my details and say I have received it safely.

HSBC sends cards by registered mail - Halifax I seem to recall does not - which is very poor on the security front. I said I would pick it up from their office in the UK in future, but was told Halifax no longer offered this service??

As my cards dont expire for several years now, I did not pursue the Halifax issue - I will worry about it when they are ready to expire again.

I would suggest you contact your bank and ask them if they send out cards as registered mail - if of course they do send cards abroad at all that is.

Same for me. Over ten years ago the only way I could get replacement Amex and Master cards was via a UK mailing address and then I insisted on DHL to my business address in Thailand.

I can forsee a time where such cards are only issued by the companys on personal application with photographic ID. Doomsayer? Maybe but you need two forms of ID, one with address, just to open a lousy bank account these days.

When you say a UK mailing address do you mean a commercial accommodation/bureau mail forwarding business?

When you say a UK mailing address do you mean a commercial accommodation/bureau mail forwarding business?

I've used both the address of the company for whom I was working at the time (they had a weekly courier pouch) and also my registered address (my sister) although the ultimate delivery address was the company's Thai office whatever the route. So it wasn't a formal mailing/forwarding bureau but just the registered address for the bank.

is it a requirement for thai mailmen to read english? i have a visa card coming from click to pay, the address will all be in englich.

activation required so i not worried about theft of card , i just want the card to get to me.

I've never had any problem having foreign mail delivered in thailand (including credit cards). Thai language is almost 100% phonetic so as long as the address is transliterated into english correctly you should have no problem.