LIV golf event Bangkok.

jimrod

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I was going to go but now not going to bother. You don't say where you live but if in Pattaya you could get the shuttle bus from jomtien to DM airport and a taxi from there.

Alternatively I'm sure a golf bar is going

I originally put this in the Pattaya forum, but it was moved. Yes, I'm in Pattaya. I'd rather hop in a car and get off at the destination, but thanks for the alternative advice.

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Big news, LIV is merging with PGA and DP World Tour, so much for the people saying LIV golf wasn't a good product 

So we can look forward to music on most holes a shot gun start a No cut 54 hole tournament with a team event thrown in.. Plus the added bonus of just one tournament every 4 to 6 weeks.... That was there product wasn't it?

27 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

So we can look forward to music on most holes a shot gun start a No cut 54 hole tournament with a team event thrown in.. Plus the added bonus of just one tournament every 4 to 6 weeks.... That was there product wasn't it?

I think you'll get the same as now on pga and DP World Tour except LIV will become a superleague of the best players, not as it is now

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think you'll get the same as now on pga and DP World Tour except LIV will become a superleague of the best players, not as it is now

So the pga and Dp will become feeder tours to the LivTour?

7 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

So the pga and Dp will become feeder tours to the LivTour?

Yes, let's call it the LIV Superleague, but all to be agreed they were saying. Good news is the Ryder Cup will have the best players and Poulter, Stenson, Garcia etc can be captains and be involved

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes, let's call it the LIV Superleague, but all to be agreed they were saying. Good news is the Ryder Cup will have the best players and Poulter, Stenson, Garcia etc can be captains and be involved

None of it effects me... Just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why? even PGA didn't really care about the Saudi argument, Jay Monahan was bought off, it was always about money 

There is your answer as to why? All about money nothing to do with the well established traditions of golf... Principles out of the window. Golf might never be the same again.... There will be more losers than winners. We will see but I predict a mess.

1 minute ago, keithsimmonds said:

There is your answer as to why? All about money nothing to do with the well established traditions of golf... Principles out of the window. Golf might never be the same again.... There will be more losers than winners. We will see but I predict a mess.

It was already a mess, but I agree - this will make it worse.

I think that the old fashioned integrity of golf has gone forever.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Once the players get on board with the changes it will be a lot better for golf. DP World Tour and PGA really bored me recently vs LIV events

Never saw more than an hour in total of a Liv event... Didn't see the attraction.

Watching the Dp Tour time wise living here is perfect and it, s a good scrap with someone different winning nearly every week. Commentators don't have to big it up either.

As for the pga tour, coverage doesn't suit living here so have to make do with reruns... That's OK.

Pga has sold the Dp tour down the river imo cos 2maybe 3 of there Ryder Cup team are on the Liv tour. Where as no European on the Liv Tour would be anywhere near good enough for the European side. Imho

32 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

too far to go, you couldn't be bothered to even watch it on TV 555

Why would I.... Was never interested in it at all.... Just a gimmick which might have already run it's course.?

Each to his own as they say.

9 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Why would I.... Was never interested in it at all.... Just a gimmick which might have already run it's course.?

Each to his own as they say.

it's true that often the elderly didn't like it, they don't like change, they missed out

• Sad 1

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Rather than start another thread....If true i will be glad that T. Hatton joins Liv ..as i cant stand the annoying little ucker and his painful antics.

Yes he is joining, plus others, lookjng forward to event this week

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Also Meronk, heard of him? no.1 DP World Tour

Screenshot_2024-01-31-04-14-26-702_com.facebook.katana~2.jpg

Is that a poster from "Clockwork Orange"??

So 2 decent golfers plus 2 nobodies..as said i wont miss Hatton or Rahm yelling .uck on the Tbox when a drive goes wrong,and Meronk getting the hump for not being selected in a "winning"Ryder Cup team ...still Liv is all about Team golf so he gets his wish.