Zircon Smooth-i UPS (repair)

Rigsby

I have a problem with a Zircon Smooth-i UPS. I believe the battery needs replacing, but basically I've charged it for many hours and when I plug in any item (from a simple phone charger to a PC monitor) it immediately shuts down.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get it looked at in Pattaya as I understand the main service centre is in Bangkok ??

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

A little bit late reply, but the battery is very easy to change in these small UPSes.

You just turn i upside down, take a philips screwdriver and open the bottom case.

There you find a battery of a standard type and size.

Search Lazada or Ebay for a lead-acid battery of the same size, or go to a local electronics warehouse and you will find an exact replacement.

I modified mine to get 4x bigger battery so it can last through a little bit longer time. it only powers a router and PoE IP cameras so the power draw is only a few 10's of watts. If you have bigger draw than that you can add a fan to the case.

These UPSes are pretty crappy, I found out, because they provide the batteries with 13.98 V float voltage, where it should be maximum 13.8 V, even a bit lower to maximize battery life. So really if I were you I would buy a better UPS with better specs.

ups.png

• Like 1