Australian visa for wife & daughter plus taking money from Thailand

My wife said she would like to move and live in Australia when her daughter becomes a doctor and finishes her 3 year payback to the govt hospital that part sponsored her studies. We would also want to sell off all our land etc here in Thailand  to enable us to purchase land/house in Australia but are unsure how hard it is to take money out of Thailand to do it, we would also be looking at taking our daughter with us. Does anyone have experience in doing similar or know what is required to do this, I am aware of whats required for my wife but not the rest.

I think it would be best to split this question into 2 parts, so you can post the transferring the money question to a more appropriate subforum.

As far as the visa goes, she will need to apply for a S/C 309 visa.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-offshore/provisional-309#Overview

When does your wife's daughter finish payback and what age will she be?

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 10:49 AM, Will27 said:

I think it would be best to split this question into 2 parts, so you can post the transferring the money question to a more appropriate subforum.

As far as the visa goes, she will need to apply for a S/C 309 visa.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-offshore/provisional-309#Overview

When does your wife's daughter finish payback and what age will she be?

in 5 years, she will be 27.

14 minutes ago, seajae said:

If you're looking to do this in 5 years, it's way too early to start looking into things IMO.

In most circumstances your daughter will be too old to be classed as a dependent so she will need to apply for her own visa.

19 hours ago, seajae said:

Although is a long time before travel, it's worth knowing there is a strong demand for medical doctors in Oz. For the meantime it would be worth your daughter's time to astertain whether she would need to re-qualify for practice in Oz, requirements etc.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2