10000bht For Title Name Change?

I'm looking at a 1997 ISUZU Supercab, enine is a little loud, but had some great mechanics check it out people I trust, and they say it's mechanically sound for now. He's asking 180,000, I talked him down to 160,000, and he said he will take care of name and title changing on the deed, 10,000BHT seems expensive, he will go as low as 150,000 but then I have to do everything. Is it worth it, or is he just trying to scam an extra 10,000BHT? Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

:o

P.S. forgot to add, the odometer say's 61,000 in a ten year old car, lol wonder how many times that's been flipped!

Edited by Lithobid

I'm looking at a 1997 ISUZU Supercab, enine is a little loud, but had some great mechanics check it out people I trust, and they say it's mechanically sound for now. He's asking 180,000, I talked him down to 160,000, and he said he will take care of name and title changing on the deed, 10,000BHT seems expensive, he will go as low as 150,000 but then I have to do everything. Is it worth it, or is he just trying to scam an extra 10,000BHT? Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

P.S. forgot to add, the odometer say's 61,000 in a ten year old car, lol wonder how many times that's been flipped!

Doesn't matter who they are, never trust the person selling the vehicle. Why is the engine a little loud?

> Why is the engine a little loud?

BECAUSE ITS AN ISUZU TFR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY FOR THE SHOUTING BUT OTHERWISE YOU CANT HEAR ME WITH ALL THE ENGINE NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never understood how something that loud can produce so little horsepower. (Torque, sure, but you will be planning your overtaking moves using a calendar and Microsoft Project. Like begin to build up speed on Monday, check that road still clear on Tuesday, then half-way Wednesday go for it, hear the engine roar... Then by Friday you'll be wrapping things up and moving back into your own lane and hitting your completion milestone. )

Edited by chanchao

Thanks

Doesn't matter who they are, never trust the person selling the vehicle. Why is the engine a little loud?

Because its an Isuzu....they are quite famous for there "quiet" engines. 1997 is that the TFR?

Hi

I think its right, my last car was about 14.000, if i remember right.

Then again, my car was 800.000 when i bought it.

You are probably mixing up with the road tax. A title change is less than 1000 baht.

Hi

You could be right there, i cant remember, to old.

Thanks

Hi.

The transfer Tax should be a percentage of the vehicle value, this is decided by the vehicle licencing office based a set scale of values. I can't remember exactly what the percentage is, but for example a 1999 Sportrider which I said cost B390,000 was valued at the vehicle licencing office (for transfer purposes) as having a value of B500,000 and I had to pay B2500. transfer fee (approximate figure). certainly for a B160,000 value vehicle, B10,000 is excessive and a scam is indeed suspected.

As has been mentioned, Isuzu engines are generally very harsh sounding. an odometer reading of 61,000kms in a 10 year old pickup is odd indeed! have a look to see that the engine number is the same as in the log book or you will have big probs transferring ownership.

Hi,

he's ripping you off if that 10k is only for the name change. It's 0.5% of the value. At 150,000 Bhat.... that's nice earner for him! If he's giving you 12 month tax too, 10k is still too much (tax is between 3-5k p.a.)

Are the plates currently registered in the province where you live? If so, it's not a major ball ache to do it yourself... but some folks hate admin stuff.

(cheeky bugger showing a 10yr old pickup at 61,000 km - but at least you don't sound naive and you know he's somewhat of a tricky so-and-so.)

If you can beat him down on price to 160k, up to you if worth the hassle over 10k... some say 'it's the principle'... some say 'this is Thailand'.

As long as you go into it with your eyes open... up you too.

If Car registered in BKK, not over 3000 Baht for change ownership. NOISE: Isuzu engine are always very loud, because they are Direct Injected. It's normally. 150k is not much. If the car is ok he could get at least 200k for this Model, Especially if he would go sell the Truck in Isaan. So why is so cheap? Check out if Chassis and Engine numbers are correct. Check in the book.