Monthly Bank Payment - Help!

Yesterday I went to my Bangkok Bank branch to get my book updated and the Credit Advice I get monthly for my transfers [via Wise] from the UK.

To my horror Septembers payment was marked TRD instead of FTT.  I spent an hour with one of the bank staff trying to sort it out [I even was still there after closing].  The staff tried to be very helpful but to no avail.

Apparently Wise did a transfer from Kasikorn Bank to Bangkok Bank so it shows up as 'Transfer from another account'.  The receipt from Wise clearly shows this but I am worried that my bank book will not now show 12 monthly foreign payments.  To give background: - I am on a marriage extension, I use the 'Funds for long term residence in Thailand' on the Wise website when transferring and have never had this problem before.

Any advice please - and would this stop a renewal of extension next year?

Thank you. 

Happened to me in the past.  Bkk Bank gave me some numbers identifying the transfer from Kasikorn and told me to take that to Kasikorn and they knew the issue and gave me a letter about it which Immigration in Chiang Mai accepted as showing the transfer as international.  The letter from Kasikorn has to be fresh, dated close to your renewal time. 

I stopped using Wise.

4 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Happened to me in the past.  Bkk Bank gave me some numbers identifying the transfer from Kasikorn and told me to take that to Kasikorn and they knew the issue and gave me a letter about it which Immigration in Chiang Mai accepted as showing the transfer as international.  The letter from Kasikorn has to be fresh, dated close to your renewal time. 

I stopped using Wise.

So how do you do your transfers now please?

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So how do you do your transfers now please?

SWIFT bank to bank, no intermediary like Wise.  Find a sending bank with low Swift charges, I pay $10 for the swift transfer.

6 minutes ago, Shannoblic said:

Thank you Dante99.  My renewal date is not until next March and I wonder if Kasikorn would do anything after such a period.  

I went to Kasikorn quickly and got a letter but had to do it again after about 8 months to get the fresh letter at renewal time.  So Kasikorn had no difficulty doing it 8 months after the transfer. You need the reference number from Bangkok Bank so they can find the data.

Edited by Dante99
  • Like 1

If you have a Kasikorn bank with an Internation/trade dept handy take your Bangkok book and Wise receipts there and ask for credit advice/ receipt for this transaction they will provide this which is accepted by immigration 

• Thumbs Up 1