Bangkok Airways additional luggage

mrblonde

We’ve got a return flight booked from Suvarnabhumi to Koh Samui in November with Bangkok Airways.  When we booked it we paid for an additional +10Kg luggage each.

wondering if I’ve done it right, does that mean only 10Kg each, hold luggage? Or +10Kg on normal allowance?  We are travelling for a month so both suitcases will be 30Kg. Do I need to log on and amend my booking please?

Presumably you booked one of these fare types, all of which include 20kgs.  Your 10kgs (900 baht per person per flight I think) is in addition to the standard 20kgs so you'll be fine with 30kg.

image.png.829ded192fcdebe7ead4e2f10d030787.png

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

I did carry on last time. Best thing ever. Saves time and money.

Not on Bangkok Airways by the looks of it, unless there is another cheaper fare class with no baggage allowance.  Saving time would only happen if you have poor time management and waste the time waiting for your bags instead of doing something productive.

Edited by treetops
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, treetops said:

Presumably you booked one of these fare types, all of which include 20kgs.  Your 10kgs (900 baht per person per flight I think) is in addition to the standard 20kgs so you'll be fine with 30kg.

Not on Bangkok Airways by the looks of it, unless there is another cheaper fare class with no baggage allowance.  Saving time would only happen if you have poor time management and waste the time waiting for your bags instead of doing something productive.

You read a book for 20 minutes to get bag? Or do pushups?

Complete waste of time. Washing is so cheap in Thailand

18 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

You read a book for 20 minutes to get bag? Or do pushups?

Complete waste of time. Washing is so cheap in Thailand

Do whatever you want that you would otherwise do at another time, just don't stand there with your thumb up your bahookey for 20 minutes.

11 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

2160 baht plus

Slow down, read the posts and don't snip the relevant bit you didn't read from your reply.  The 900 baht is for the extra 10kg luggage.

50 minutes ago, treetops said:

Your 10kgs (900 baht per person per flight I think) is in addition to the standard 20kgs so you'll be fine with 30kg.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, treetops said:

Do whatever you want that you would otherwise do at another time, just don't stand there with your thumb up your bahookey for 20 minutes.

Slow down, read the posts and don't snip the relevant bit you didn't read from your reply.  The 900 baht is for the extra 10kg luggage.

Thats over 3000 baht. They own the airport. Large wash is 140 baht.

I saved over $200 by using carry on. It all adds up. No waiting around.

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Twice you've referred to your washing costs now and I've no idea why.

What fare type on Bangkok Airways did you save money on by using carry on baggage only?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, treetops said:

This discussion is about flying with Bangkok Airways (from BKK to USM) and their extra luggage options.  Your comments are irrelevant and a distraction from the  topicc.

I gave the answer first off. Email receipt says what you booked.

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Wow the price of washing machines usage seems to have gone up a lot. Last time I used one 5 years ago in Phuket it was 30B for 10kg.

OP check your ticket, normally you have 20kg check-in + 5kg cabin. Buying extra 10kg pp will raise your check-in allowance to 30kg. A few years ago people who were members of their mileage club would get at least 5kg extra for the lowest tier upwards, but there was a "restructure" of the allowances later.

You may get away with a kilo or 2 extras, but relatives of my gf had to pay for their excess check-in baggage before.

Usually they don't weigh the hand baggage, otherwise 5kg is pretty low if you have expensive electronics. 2 weeks ago I boarded with 10kg but it was on combined ticket from overseas, no issues.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Machines dont dry and iron your clothes.

Invest in clothing which dries quickly and no ironing is needed if you want to travel only with cabin baggage. Usually high end t-shirts and shorts from likes of Under armour or NB.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, treetops said:

Even if true, what was the purpose of the subsequent 5 posts of unecessary, inaccurate drivel?

That seems to be his MO.  Bangkok Air is a full service carrier. You get 20 kilos + the extra 10 you paid for. Some people like to take more luggage hence they check it. Some people like the convenience of flying to Samui in an hour. Your luggage takes 5 minutes there. Some people want a meal on the plane and a lounge before the flight, both of which are offered by Bangkok Air. 

Others like you prefer the long way. So answer the guys questions instead of telling him how you do it. We have enough of your travel threads now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, treetops said:

Correct the 20kg checkin and your 10kg carryon is fine - per normal BKK Air ticket/person is ok. I use them regular in-country ... did just a few weeks back BKK to Phuket and the 20 plus carry on was/is seamless.

If you're silly enough to try to get through with a fridge sized, super heavy carryon then expect possible problems but if a normal size airline approved sized carryon then easy peasy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marin said:

Others like you prefer the long way.

I didn't say I preferred it - I go with the option that suits me best at the time - I just pointed out that the statement it saves you time and money was inaccurate, especially so in the context of this thread.

On 10/9/2022 at 12:11 PM, mrblonde said:

When we booked it we paid for an additional +10Kg luggage each.

wondering if I’ve done it right, does that mean only 10Kg each, hold luggage? Or +10Kg on normal allowance?  We are travelling for a month so both suitcases will be 30Kg. Do I need to log on and amend my booking please?

You have 20 kg luggage included in the ticket, so it must be extra 10 kg; i.e. in total 30 kg...????

• Like 1