DOTr racing to complete airport, seaport, road and rail projects

snoop1130

160522commuters01_2022-10-10_16-57-06.jpg

Photo dated May 16, 2022 shows buses arriving as commuters occupy a lane as they wait for available public transport along Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City before dawn. The National Capital Region remains in Alert Level 1 status until the end of the month.

The STAR / Miguel de Guzman

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Transportation went all-in on continuity from the Duterte administration as it vowed Monday to fast-track the completion of big-ticket transportation infrastructure projects across the country to increase Filipinos' productivity and efficiency.

At the 2022 Economic Journalists Association of the Philippines-MVP Infrastructure Forum on Monday morning, Transportation Secretary Jaime Bautista said that the agency is "pushing the pedal to the metal" in completing its infrastructure projects in the road, aviation, railway, and maritime sectors.

"After marking my first 100 days as transport secretary, I can probably say I have successfully overcome my learning curve and formulated the direction for the department. That is, elevating the country's transport system to global standards," Bautista said. 

Full Story: https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2022/10/10/2215671/dotr-racing-complete-airport-seaport-road-and-rail-projects

philstar.png
-- © Copyright Philstar 2022-10-10