The ‘H.O.G.S’ are coming to Cha-Am!

webfact

image.jpeg

By Editor

Asia Harley Days 2022 is an iconic moto-music festival, making a debut in Asia at Cha-Am Beach in November.

This will be a big weekend presented by Harley-Davidson Asia over two days especially for Harley Davidson enthusiasts with participants from over eleven countries, 80 H.O.G. Chapters and 100 motorcycle clubs.

The festival will include stunt performances, fun contests and some great music.  The stunt show is a high-octane motorcycle spectacle, with Joe (Krittinun Liebyai), a 30-year-old Thai high-octane motorcycle rider with 15 years of bike experience and the team on Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

The festival gates open on Saturday 5th November from 4 P.M. with the arrival of a parade with the theme of “Let Freedom Roar” by a motorcade of riders from Rajabhakti Park to the event venue.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Event organisers describe this parade as “the best demonstration of brotherhood, friendship, and adventure that encourages the Asia Harley Days 2022 to be the bike festival of the year.”

On Sunday 6th November the festival program continues from 11 A.M.

The Festival Venue is the Triple Tree Beach Resort, that’s at the northern end of the main Cha-Am beach, just before reaching the fishing boat harbour.

What’s a H.O.G.?

The Harley Owners Group is a sponsored community marketing club, operated by Harley-Davidson for enthusiasts of that brand’s motorcycles.  The HOG is described as “the grandaddy of all community-building efforts, serving to promote not just a consumer product, but a lifestyle.”

Further information with registration details for Harley enthusiasts can be found at www.asiaharleydays.com

image.jpeg

Source: https://royalcoastreview.com/2022/10/the-h-o-g-s-are-coming-to-cha-am/

image.png

-- © Copyright Royal Coast Review 2022-10-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Horrible noisy bikes with a large majority or people here in Asia only having them for 'show', posting in FB etc.

They look & sound pretty cool, though my opinion of them has changed over the years, to unnecessarily loud & annoying ????

I couldn't own one, or enjoy riding them.  Borrowed a buddy's (1200, unbaffled) for the day way back when, and the noise would be just too annoying to ride all day, even though behind me.  It was refreshing to get back on my Honda 900, quiet and smooth ride, and upgraded performance.

They really are overpriced show pieces, and now, USA, quieted down to Honda level.   Same buddy bought a new full dresser, and when started, he joked "W T F, you put a HD emblem on Honda",  and for him, it took the joy out of riding.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some obvious hate on this forum…

It’s just a motorcycle !!! 

People either like the brand or they don’t, but some of the comments seem pathetic & quite bitter… probably posted by guys who can afford one & wouldn’t know how to ride one anyway :passifier:

It's just a motorcycle, well done.

I'm not bitter, just don't like them, that's my opinion, is that ok with you?

13 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

It's just a motorcycle, well done.

I'm not bitter, just don't like them, that's my opinion, is that ok with you?

Sure it is…

….If it’s ok with you to have your comment being called out for being ‘bitter & pathetic’….  

That’s just my opinion… of your ‘unhinged’ comment… 

Much worse are the screaming rice-rockets being ridden by helmet-less lunatics….  

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

People either like the brand or they don’t, but some of the comments seem pathetic & quite bitter… probably posted by guys who can afford one & wouldn’t know how to ride one anyway :passifier:

I don't hate them, I'm just amused by the poseurs on them. I've ridden one, OK for cruising. Slowly.

Too heavy to get out of their own way, noisy enough to need earplugs even with a helmet on, which most owners seem to eschew as an affront to their civil liberties. The Jap bikes kill them for speed and acceleration, a BMW is as silent as death in comparison.

I certainly could afford one back in the day, and was strong enough to control it. But why fight a bike if you don't have to? I lusted after an Audi TT instead.

I still remember when I was living in a unit after finally separating from my former wife. One night there was a huge commotion next door. Turned out the guy in the next unit owned the biggest Harley. Two guys tried to steal it by lifting it over a four foot fence into a laneway, and failed dismally. Could not fault them for ambition.

Harleys are like gold chains and watches here, status symbols for a certain demographic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

If it’s ok with you to have your comment being called out for being ‘bitter & pathetic’….  

Sure it is, i'm neither bitter or pathetic, just dislike HD's btw.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Much worse are the screaming rice-rockets being ridden by helmet-less lunatics

Much the same as HD's then, noisy and impractical driven by, well.....couldn't care less if they wear helmets or not, what's that got to do with anything?

I have been a motorcycle enthusiast since I was 15. Owned a number of super bikes. But, I have never understood the fascination with Harleys. They are uncomfortable to ride, they are unreliable, and they are loud and ugly. I see the beauty of some of the custom choppers. But most Harleys seem like 1.5 million baht glorified lawnmowers. 

This was one of the bikes I owned for a few years. What a blast to ride up in the back canyons. My friends who owned Harleys never wanted to join me for rides, as they were afraid of their bikes breaking down in the middle of nowhere. And they preferred to park them in front of a cafe, and watch people admire their bike. 

1200px-Triumph-daytona-900-super-iii-1995-1995-2.jpg

Triumph-Daytona-Super-III-71.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Half of them will break down before getting here. A very unreliable bike. Don't know what all the fuss is about? 

I can remember a guy for whom big bikes were a passion, he used to compete in hill climbs. When I asked him whether he had ever used a Harley, he snorted "Weak bottom end."

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Right, it's just a motorcycle.

A moderately interesting, archaic piece of machinery......a bit like the ancient designs of flat four aero engines that continue to power the majority of US light aircraft.

It's the people that ride them that are the ****.

PS Do you remember what actually happened to Hopper/Fonda (the people that the Saddos like to fantasise themselves as) at the end of ER?:

1472020309_Screenshot2022-10-18at22-53-02easy-rider-redneck.jpg(JPEGImage500333pixels).png.60cf765301a5140068b964618aa6fb98.png

Help yourself.........it's your fantasy after all.

Edited by Enoon

On 10/18/2022 at 2:31 PM, PJ71 said:

I have 3 ducati's buttercup, trust me i'm not jealous of those bikes ( or people that own them ), are you?

No, I just feel your pain... 3 Ducatis is worse than 3 wifes. I love my Japs.