Leaving UK next May 23 When do I need to apply for non O

The non O visa will be issued because of your marriage to a Thai (so have proof of that).  Once in Thailand you can extend one year at a time with proof of 400k baht in bank account here (those are extensions - not visas - you will need a re-entry permit to return from any travel outside of Thailand.)

1 hour ago, Slinky1958 said:

Leaving Uk Next May can one one help on the process of a visa 

my plan is to apply in UK for non O How long before I leave can I apply?

It is all done online now and fairly quick, mine took 3 days a couple of months ago. The embassy guidance says to allow 5-15 days but most people are reporting less than a week.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/how-to-apply-for-thailand-s-e-visa-stickerless?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072de

You need to create an account on the e-visa platform before you can make an application. You can do that now, I had my account for nearly 3 years before I actually made an application.

It is a bit more involved now than before and I would suggest you make a trial application to see what is involved. If you do not submit it, it will be automatically deleted from the system after 14 days.

If you run into problems there are other options that can be explored, better to have fuel in the tank before setting off.

• Like 1