Wing 41 passes Open ?

jonwilly

Placed my paperwork in this morning.

B20 for my two passes, one car one M/cycle.

Once again paper in Thai only, remember when one side in Thai the other in English. Nice young Thai girl helped me fill in.

Then off to the policeman who checked details and entered the Thai letters for my registration numbers.

Copies of personal license for M/cycle and Car also Page 4 from registration book required. No copy of ID or Passport needed.

Then to front desk pay B100 per pass and can collect from 16 Jan 2023.

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
7 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Can I cycle along Wing 41 road without a pass or would I get turned back?

I tried once - they wouldn't let me through. Discrimination..... didn't know I could get a pass though but my bicylce has NO registration number

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/27/2023 at 11:10 PM, nglodnig said:

I tried once - they wouldn't let me through. Discrimination..... didn't know I could get a pass though but my bicylce has NO registration number

Why discrimination? As much as I respect and even applaude your slightly suicidal wish to move around Chiang Mai on a bycicle, that is not a public road, and I can think of one or two good reasons why bycicles are not allowed.

20 hours ago, nglodnig said:

It would be a great short-cut to the airport from the Doi Suthep road to the Airport and then the 108.

Which is why people use it.

Most countries are very sensitive about people being near or on their Military facilities. Very simple to monitor car traffic on that road . Pedestrians and bicyclist who could easily hide or stash their bikes not so much  I'd say we are lucky the road is open to permitted vehicles at all.

Edited by Captain Monday