Trump knew voter fraud claims were wrong, federal judge says as he orders John Eastman emails turned over

Scott

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

This could be related to Trump's claim that over 10,000 dead people voted in Ga.  Brad Raffensperger investigated this specific claim and found something like 4 or 5. 

Was it really worth replying?

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

Strange. To say that "the emails show that President Trump knew that the specific numbers of voter fraud were wrong” suggests that there was a correct number, which was never determined.

You're on to something. There actually were cases of voter fraud referred to the justice system in Georgia.

State Election Board Refers Voter Fraud Cases for Prosecution

The State Election Board on Wednesday referred 35 cases of election-law violations to the attorney general or local district attorneys for criminal prosecution.

“Election fraud is not tolerated in Georgia. When there is evidence of it, the people responsible face prosecution,” said Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, chairman of the five-member board.

https://sos.ga.gov/news/state-election-board-refers-voter-fraud-cases-prosecution-0

This changes everything!

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Berkshire said:

This could be related to Trump's claim that over 10,000 dead people voted in Ga.  Brad Raffensperger investigated this specific claim and found something like 4 or 5. 

The story did not specify Georgia.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Federal Judge Concludes Trump Lied About Voter Fraud ‘Both in Court and to the Public,’ Applies Crime-Fraud Exception to Docs Held by John Eastman

Former President Donald Trump knew that voter fraud numbers that he cited were false but continued to tout them “both in court and to the public,” a federal judge ruled on Wednesday.

On top of ratcheting up the pressure on the 45th president, the decision means that Trump’s lawyer John Eastman cannot shield 33 of the documents for which he sought protection. Eight of those were ordered released under the crime-fraud exception.

https://lawandcrime.com/federal-court/federal-judge-applies-crime-fraud-exception-to-8-privileged-emails-john-eastman-wanted-shielded-from-jan-6-committee/

I thought lying under oath/perjury can lead to criminal prosecution and be punished by immediate imprisonment, how can this scum bag still walking around free

• Thumbs Up 2

Here is something interesting which was not clear in the OP.

But Trump and his lawyers still filed their complaint citing those numbers, and Trump signed a letter "swearing under oath that the incorporated, inaccurate numbers 'are true and correct' or 'believed to be true and correct' to the best of his knowledge and belief," Carter wrote.

https://news.yahoo.com/federal-judge-finds-trump-lied-000120999.html

• Like 2

There has been this idea floating around that DT truly believes he won the election and thus did and said things based on that, and perhaps proficient lawyers can play it for exoneration.  It's called diminished capacity.  I would think he wouldn't like that one because it implies bats in the belfry.  If his kids were bolder and smarter they could play on that to take control of the enterprise and send him off to Pleasant Valley Rest Home. 

Well, looks like that excuse is no more.  I would have thought "c'mon guys, just get me 11,000 votes" would be enough.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 3:16 AM, bendejo said:

There has been this idea floating around that DT truly believes he won the election and thus did and said things based on that, and perhaps proficient lawyers can play it for exoneration.  It's called diminished capacity.  I would think he wouldn't like that one because it implies bats in the belfry.  If his kids were bolder and smarter they could play on that to take control of the enterprise and send him off to Pleasant Valley Rest Home. 

Well, looks like that excuse is no more.  I would have thought "c'mon guys, just get me 11,000 votes" would be enough.

There sufficient signs that Trump has NCP disorder and his lawyers can use bipolar disorder to influence judgement. However to get him to admit that he has NCP will be hard for him to swallow. 

https://www.drugs.com/cg/narcissistic-personality-disorder.html

On 10/21/2022 at 3:16 AM, bendejo said:

"If his kids were bolder and smarter they could play on that to take control of the enterprise and send him off to Pleasant Valley Rest Home."

Not sure they're stupid enough to try to take control over what is likely a criminal and bankrupt enterprise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

There sufficient signs that Trump has NCP disorder and his lawyers can use bipolar disorder to influence judgement. However to get him to admit that he has NCP will be hard for him to swallow. 

https://www.drugs.com/cg/narcissistic-personality-disorder.html

Catch-22: you can't be classified as crazy if you tell them you're crazy.  No matter, he would never admit to that short of dodging the death penalty.

In certain circles in the US extreme narcissism is about as common as being allergic to peanuts.  The hi-tech boom of the past 30 or so years has produced a bumper crop of them, to say nothing of what the social media stuff is now fostering.  The more prominent egos manage to get themselves in the news almost daily, no need to specify there.  I used to think Larry Ellison was the pinnacle of this, but an even newer arrogance is emerging. 

On the other hand I know someone who is not only self-obsessed and superior, but is also a masochist who seems to get off on being called a loser (just like his mama used to call him).  And it's not like this guy is wealthy, talented, accomplished or successful in any noteworthy way.

9 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

"If his kids were bolder and smarter they could play on that to take control of the enterprise and send him off to Pleasant Valley Rest Home."

Not sure they're stupid enough to try to take control over what is likely a criminal and bankrupt enterprise.

Ivanka is the one with the brains, plus she has a husband with his own enterprise.

Tiff is probably going to change her name when the old man dies.

Uday and Qusay Eric and Junior dwell in a subjective reality, just read any of their quotes in the media.  If you say "criminal and bankrupt enterprise" they'll parry with Hillary, Hunter and the Deep State

On 10/21/2022 at 9:16 AM, bendejo said:

Seems like a conspiracy theory to me.

Trump haters have been coming up with that sort of thing for 6 years now, but surprisingly for a man apparently suffering from every known psychiatric illness he is still not committed to an institution for the insane.

On 10/20/2022 at 10:58 PM, Mavideol said:

I thought lying under oath/perjury can lead to criminal prosecution and be punished by immediate imprisonment, how can this scum bag still walking around free

Because not convicted in a court of law. You do believe in "innocent till proven guilty ( in a court of law )" don't you?

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/20/2022 at 9:48 AM, nauseus said:

Strange. To say that "the emails show that President Trump knew that the specific numbers of voter fraud were wrong” suggests that there was a correct number, which was never determined.

Common sense tells us that the official numbers are correct, since Trump's claims of voter fraud were proven to be false.

Or do you think there was substantial voter fraud in 2020? I don't mean that you have questions because you don't understand how elections are operated.

On 10/23/2022 at 2:32 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump haters have been coming up with that sort of thing for 6 years now, but surprisingly for a man apparently suffering from every known psychiatric illness he is still not committed to an institution for the insane.

Not yet.

I suspect that will be his last card to play when they haul him off to prison.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2022 at 3:02 PM, proton said:

He was cheated out of winning by the lying anti Trump media, Yahoo is still at it today 2 years later.

You really think that Trump was cheated out of the 2020 election?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2022 at 2:32 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Your last post on Trump will be when they cart him off to prison, and you write  "how can they send that poor man to jail when he is clearly mentally unfit?".

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Common sense tells us that the official numbers are correct, since Trump's claims of voter fraud were proven to be false.

Or do you think there was substantial voter fraud in 2020? I don't mean that you have questions because you don't understand how elections are operated.

Looking for something?