Remulla says alleged middleman in Percy Lapid slay died in Bilibid this week

snoop1130

00032lm3lv2022-10-2013-10-11_2022-10-20_17-18-06.jpg

Joel Escorial, the alleged gunman in the killing of Philippine journalist Percival Mabasa, is presented to the media as Philippine Interior Secretary Benjamin Abalos (L) speaks during a press conference at the national police headquarters in Manila on October 18, 2022. The alleged gunman in the killing of a Philippine journalist has surrendered, authorities announced on October 18, calling it a "major breakthrough" in a case that drew international concern.

AFP / STR

MANILA, Philippines (Updated 6:52 p.m.) — The supposed middleman who arranged the killing of radio broadcaster Percy Lapid from inside the New Bilibid Prison died this week, Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla said.

ABS-CBN News reported that Remulla confirmed the death of the supposed middleman, a Person Deprived of Liberty at Bilibid, last October 18.

"Alleged middleman, hindi ko talaga alam ang storya niyan ano. Alam ko lang, naabutan ko lang talaga na (I don't really know the story here, all I know is) the gunman pointed out to some people and there are six of them, and how it was organized or how it happened, I do not know. But the gunman is the one who has spoken so far,” Remulla told reporters at an unscheduled interview on Thursday.

Full Story: https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2022/10/20/2218096/remulla-says-alleged-middleman-percy-lapid-slay-died-bilibid-week

philstar.png
-- © Copyright Philstar 2022-10-20