Medical certificate (for work permit) - clinic or hospital?

Does anyone have any recent experience (in Bangkok) with obtaining a medical certificate for work permit from a local clinic, not a hospital?

(for work permit extension, not initial application)
My agent says that the labour office only accepts certificates issued by hospital now. Any truth to that?

Usually, obtaining the certificate in a clinic is much faster and cheaper. Hence the question. 

As far as I'm aware, it should always be done at a hospital. I pay 600 baht for mine, which includes blood samples and a quick look up and down by the doctor. But as this is Thailand, it really depends on how they feel on the day.

There is a clinic in Asoke near Asoke Tower. They are part of a hospital chain.

You can get your certificate there. The check takes maybe 10 min and you can pick up the certificate on the next day.

Tell them to write your blood group on that certificate. It seems the work permit office wants to know that but it's not part of the official form.

As i have read the rules, there is nothing that explicitly states who or what type of person/entity can do your medical certificate or who or what kind of entity is authorized by statue to do it.    it really only states that it must be done by someone who has a current Thai medical license to do so and will of course, “sign off” on it. 

Ive always used MedConsult (6 years) - a private clinic which isn’t a formal hospital - and never had an issue but the certificate is hand signed by the Doctor who does have a current valid Thai medical license….  that said, as this is Thailand, what one office says and another says, can be worlds apart.

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Our teachers mostly use https://clinic.blez-web.com/en/ There's never been a problem with certificate not being accepted.  500 baht, and very quick service - in and out in around 10 minutes, as they do a finger-<deleted> test.

having a finger deleted isn't really appealing, especially if this is a yearly procedure. I'm glad I haven't been required to do that.

• Haha 2